Gas Vapourizer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it would but I couldn't get on with original with the hot sliding lid.no parts of the new one are from original as I destroyed the blowtorch and had to buy a new laser 3000

It would perhaps be feasible to modify some gas/plumbing fittings. Some years ago everyone seemed to have a curved piece of copper pipe closed at one end, which though basic and inconvenient, usually worked. Something more sophisticated should be possible nowadays, spending a substantial amount of money on a piece of equipment and then completely altering it seems wasteful.

It would perhaps be feasible to modify some gas/plumbing fittings. Some years ago everyone seemed to have a curved piece of copper pipe closed at one end, which though basic and inconvenient, usually worked. Something more sophisticated should be possible nowadays, spending a substantial amount of money on a piece of equipment and then completely altering it seems wasteful.

But if you want to use it in any weather and high wind without electric or generator or heavy batteries and under fifteen seconds a hive there really isn't anything on the market so you have to take it a step further.the original seemed brilliant but had way to many problems to stick with after trials.whoever gets round to marketing my new type could make good money but it would cost a lot to get it into production

:ohthedrama: My vapouriser arrived today, I ordered it from the German supplier. I haven't any bees that need vapourising at the moment and couldn't wait to use it, so I did the dog the cat and budgie, the Good Woman has gone into hiding but will get her within the next couple of days, and I guarantee next doors kids will be mite free by the weekend.

Finished all the modifications, made it to Eyemans spec. It works better than I expected, very fast and easy to use.

My vaporizer has been doing the rounds today without a hitch. The bent aluminium wind shield works a treat and speeds up the OAV start time- ready to go 30 seconds from lighting up. Some OAV's take less than 10 seconds. Also did some DIY welding of the tubes with some aluminium rods and a blow torch. Now feels much more solid.
vaporiser latest.jpg

vaporiser welding.jpg

All the OAV goes through the hole in the crown board and I get all the nucs prepared before going round conveyor belt fashion. Did 25 in one apiary and 11 in the other. Second treatment planned in 5 days.
vaporiser nucs prepared.jpg

vaporiser 3f14D prepared.jpg

Latest posts

Back