Gaiters or wellies or nothing?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T1720026-Two_workers_wearing_protective_clothing-SPL.jpg

I suggest wearing this!!!

Brings back memories!:)

I wear a full suit and wellies.

Are we still talking about beekeeping here, or just a normal day at work :willy_nilly:

why not try a pair of rigger boots - same benefits as wellingtons but a lot more comfy and the steel toecaps could be a benefit at times

This, in leather, is my footwear of choice - comfortable, breathable, steel toe caps, and easy to slip on and off. Also, you can pull your jeans over the top of them and walk into a local shop on the way back from the apiary without looking 'too' strange on a sunny day :D

Also, you can pull your jeans over the top of them and walk into a local shop on the way back from the apiary without looking 'too' strange on a sunny day :D

do they not pass comment on the funny hat and odd tool in your hand??:eek:

Gasp! I love my wellies! And what is that Billy Connolly song 'If it was'nae fur yer wellies, wheer would you be?'

I tend to wear shoes if possible with track suit bottoms, restricts the stings to the ankle zone. :biggrinjester:

Chris

I just wear builders boots,as i dont sweat in them and are easy to slip on and off, The only fault i have with them is that they are a bit loose on the top and if the hive is a bit techy, they can start to crawl down into the boots and start stinging.I only wear a half suit, so you would not have this problem , if you wore a full suit.

Magnum Army desert boots , double lined with the laces going around the top of the boot . Matches up with the NBC carbon lined suit and the leather sniper gloves . The neighbours must think this is a terrorist training base , anything to confuse the French .

Yet to be stung this year , so I must be doing something right .

When I'm pottering around at home I tend to wear fairly standard steel toed lace up boots and I just pull on my full bee suit over the top. The elastic at the bottom of the legs pulls fairly snugly around the top of the boots and so far I have had little trouble with climbing bees. Weather permitting, my home colonies can be inspected in a half suit worn over trousers/shoes.
The access to some of the out apiaries I work in can get a bit damp so sometimes wellies are worn in preference to wet leather boots.....

Wellingtons are dangerous, there are 7 wellington boot related deaths per year in the UK!
Thats why I dont wear them on the Motorbike! :)

:smilielol5::smilielol5:
Apparently there are more battery related deaths (due to testing with tongue!!)

Those WELLY BOOT casualties are normally only spectators at the local Welly boot throwing contest!

Back