Full face mask for Vaping.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not used one for vaping, but an ICU colleague was using a JSP one during the pandemic & it seemed pretty good. Has replaceable filters.
I think it was this one
https://www.jspsafety.com/contentpage/force10Check eg Screwfix.
I can understand the need to be protected from Covid in ICU but spare a thought for the patients (if conscious, maybe delirious) seeing a Cyberman approaching…..

I can understand the need to be protected from Covid in ICU but spare a thought for the patients (if conscious, maybe delirious) seeing a Cyberman approaching…..
We were all pretty scarily covered with a variety of respirators/masks/faceshields/gowns/gloves etc. Not great for awake patients, and we were very aware of this, but no protection not really an option.

I think I might go down this route.
Has anybody any recommendations for the ones they use? Cheers.

I think I might go down this route.
Has anybody any recommendations for the ones they use? Cheers.
This is mine. It’s made by 3M, available from ARCO. You buy the filter cartridges separately.

Attachments

• IMG_0573.jpeg
    IMG_0573.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0574.jpeg
    IMG_0574.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Worth watching Laurence Edwards you tube on What face masks before you decide.

We had systems like this for covid too, with a full hood rather than a mask. One downside was the air inlet was just above your bum which made some diets unpleasant if you didn't want to gas yourself!
bring a new facet to the statement "a fahrt you could almost chew on"

What's wrong with the good old fashioned Siebe Gorman positive pressure CABA?
Or the widow maker as the water fairies who trained used to call it.

Last edited:
Sieve Gorman

Either that's a pune, or should have been Siebe Gorman? A fine Welsh company, almost :) My dad used to work there in Cwmbran (I think). I have vague memories of him taking me around the factory floor when I was knee-high to a grasshopper. Bins full of parts for breathing apparatus, diving knives, helmets and suchlike...

I have a vague recollection that the diving suit appearing on the cover of 10CC's "Deceptive Bends" was one of theirs. Don't fancy digging through my collection of vinyl to check at the moment however.

James

Just go with 3m , they take safety very seriously. I personally use half mask 6000s series,googles and acid filters (check the guide) and particle filters. Fogging can be an issue with the full mask.

I use a flexible ffp3 mask (a design that I was test fitted for during the pandemic) and a pair of safety glasses. I skip the glasses depending on wind direction (they tend to steam up).

My problem is that I have a small head and finding a mask that fits snuggly without bisecting my cheeks is difficult.

A fine Welsh company, almost :) My dad used to work there in Cwmbran (I think). I have vague memories of him taking me around the factory floor when
They have been around for years - made a lot of the old mines rescue kit. I remember many moons ago stumbling across some of their old fire rescue kit in a ship's forepeak - not much different to the old brass helmet diving suits that everyone is familiar with, together with a hand operated air pump. In fact (I may be wrong) they even demonstrated some of the older kit at my first fire course in case we ever came across some of it on older vessels (we still had to learn sail theory in our proficiency in survival craft course as some ships till had sail equipped lifeboats.

This is mine. It’s made by 3M, available from ARCO. You buy the filter cartridges separately.
I use the same one, it's fantastic get a great seal even with my beard, full visibility and I have not had any fogging issues.
I got the recommendation from a Stuart Spinks video and glad I went with it.
Along with the instantvap mite treatment is a breeze.

My problem is that I have a small head and finding a mask that fits snuggly without bisecting my cheeks is difficult.
I think 3m 6000 series offer multiple sizes X small,medium and large. Probably worth checking sizing guide on their website.I think this is avaliable at Amazon. The mask is really good quality and I am using it for a second year. I agree with the above comments that 2g dose vapor may not be that dangerous but if you expose yourself for a long time over a number of years you do not know what will be the impact on your help. I choose to just spend £15-20 on a good set of filter to protect yourself. I honestly don't think it is worth a risk.

Latest posts

Back