Forum Poll

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you feel about the forum ?

• I come here regularly and contribute to threads

Votes: 56 24.6%
  • I only come here occasionally

Votes: 34 14.9%
  • I read posts but I don't usually contribute to threads

Votes: 135 59.2%
  • I find the forum helpful and informative

Votes: 171 75.0%
  • I think the forum is a friendly and welcoming place

Votes: 72 31.6%
  • I feel the forum could be more friendly and welcoming

Votes: 61 26.8%
  • I think the forum is OK as it is now

Votes: 103 45.2%
  • I think the forum could be improved

Votes: 26 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use this forum as I want to.
I post with anything I think people may be interested in, give my experiences rather than my opinions and rarely get into any debates.
I quite enjoy watching the cut and thrust of some of these very esoteric threads but have no desire to get embroiled in pointless arguments when we all know we are not going to shift entrenced positions.
So, for me I just click on "new posts" every visit and take snippets of knowledge from some threads and add hopefully useful comments to others.
Life is too short to get into pointless spats or get upset with comments or cyberspace name calling ( I've probably been called worse to my face) so to all those sensitive souls who feel they have been criticised I would say "just let it go" and the bullys who feel safe as keyboard warriors "think before you post"

I've left the Poll running... there are still people voting and we've quite a few members who are fairly new to the forum and some who have been members for some time but have started posting so, we'll leave it a little longer to see if there are any more comments.

The numbers seem to have bottomed out where they are at present and with 215 votes so far it's a fair representation of the membership, albeit a small percentage of the total membership.

So .. I'll leave it until the end of the month for any more comments and votes to come in and then we will close it down.

Philip

OK .... I think the thread and the Poll has run it's course.

224 Votes ... that's a much bigger number than I ever anticipated.

If you remember - we started out to try and discover how people felt about the forum after some fairly adverse comments from a few members.

So, my interpretation of the voting is that the Forum appears to be a well regarded source of beekeeping information.

A reasonable percentage of voters felt that the forum is OK as it is now although nearly the same number of votes indicated that people felt it could be more welcoming and could be improved.

I feel, on balance, that the forum is in good shape ... perhaps a few tweaks on the tiller needed and the occasional slap on the wrist when things go belly up.

We've taken on board the various comments - the good and the constructive criticism ... I think we all need to try and be tolerant, think before we post and always try to see the other point of view.

If anyone has any further comments ...now is your chance. The thread gets locked tomorrow evening so it's the last one ....

OK .... I think the thread and the Poll has run it's course.

224 Votes ... that's a much bigger number than I ever anticipated.

If you remember - we started out to try and discover how people felt about the forum after some fairly adverse comments from a few members.

So, my interpretation of the voting is that the Forum appears to be a well regarded source of beekeeping information.

A reasonable percentage of voters felt that the forum is OK as it is now although nearly the same number of votes indicated that people felt it could be more welcoming and could be improved.

I feel, on balance, that the forum is in good shape ... perhaps a few tweaks on the tiller needed and the occasional slap on the wrist when things go belly up.

We've taken on board the various comments - the good and the constructive criticism ... I think we all need to try and be tolerant, think before we post and always try to see the other point of view.

If anyone has any further comments ...now is your chance. The thread gets locked tomorrow evening so it's the last one ....

Testing whether the BBKA website censorship nonsense has been fixed as agreed by the moderators ...

https://www.bbka.org.uk/shop/healthy-hive-guide
Oh dear

It was the one practical change you agreed to take on board...

Testing whether the BBKA website censorship nonsense has been fixed as agreed by the moderators ...

https://***************/shop/healthy-hive-guide
Oh dear

It was the one practical change you agreed to take on board...
Thought they agreed to suggest it to owners of forum. Don't think the mods have the power to fix this themselves so suspect it's down to the whim of the owners.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back