New publication from RP

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure who's the more exasperated: you or me!

What a lot of Mumbo-jumbo, needing to ask permission to join! 'Lift the veil' - and maybe roll up the trouser leg....?

I was once invited to become a Mason - No way! - unlike my grandfather (a Unitarian minister of all things) and my father.
Lighten up a bit ... the reason the section was created origininally was because there were threads that, whilst they contained interesting posts, did sometimes degenerate into robust argument that did not look good in a public forum. Pesticides and Politics do generate a lot of emotion and Mark made the decision to 'hide' that section from public view - members who wish to see it are free to ask to be let in - there's no secret society or koudos ... all you have to do is request access.

I think you are making more of it than there is .... it's there to allow people who want to argue pesticides and politics as much as they like without any fear that the forum will be viewed as somewhere that is 'unpleasant' in any way to potentially new members or those who really don't want to see or participate in such debate.

If you want to join in you can - if you don't - nobody is forcing you. Threads in that section rarely have much to contribute to beekeeping so you won't miss much.

Last edited:
What happens if some grump gets cross at seeing an opinion or subject which "upsets" them even under the "three-star" system? Is there a basement under the cupboard under the stairs?

Not yet but the way winter is starting I should think by the next season there will be three or four subterranean levels of the cupboard under the stairs !

Not yet but the way winter is starting I should think by the next season there will be three or four subterranean levels of the cupboard under the stairs !
I think there should be a special area to where posters with consistently bad grammar, spelling and miss-use of apostrophes are restricted.

I've finally succumbed and asked for the key to that Wonderland in order to find out what happens to all the interesting "tennis matches" of hot-tempered conversation which sometimes disappear from my view; I assume they end up in that section?
It's a strange concept that adults need protecting from being offended on a beekeeping forum and that some subjects need to be kept out of general sight.
What happens if some grump gets cross at seeing an opinion or subject which "upsets" them even under the "three-star" system? Is there a basement under the cupboard under the stairs?
The fundamental characteristics of us as a species —including ways of thinking, feeling, and acting are essentially opportunistic, selfish and exploitative. We are capable of altruism and kindness and compassion but seldom choose to extend those virtues beyond offspring or very close family. Without some form of collective moderation or censorship we would have no recognisable society let alone a forum of this type - as a species we're screwing up our environment while some are attempting to save it --------------

Freely available on t'internet .... it's called spellcheck and grammar check .... although autocorrection has a lot to answer for !!!

After I retired from the NHS I worked p/t for Dept Work & Pensions, examining folk who were claiming benefits on health grounds.
I typed "This woman is capable of light housework". It got corrected to "This woman is capable of lighthouse work".

After I retired from the NHS I worked p/t for Dept Work & Pensions, examining folk who were claiming benefits on health grounds.
I typed "This woman is capable of light housework". It got corrected to "This woman is capable of lighthouse work".
That sounds like a deliberate correction by Capita to me

That sounds like a deliberate correction by Capita to me

I'm ashamed to say it was Atos. Just as there is said to be a 'hostile environment' at the Home Office, so there was with the health benefit examinations - every report strictly and harshly audited at HQ. I had the conflict of submitting reports which did not score enough 'points' for the benefit yet if I asked myself "would I employ this person" the answer was often "no". The conflict was that the work was good occupational therapy for me in retirement - and SWMBO!

Not really, not once you've met a wide cross section of beekeepers.

This can be done by irritating multiple overweight people at a regional BKA meeting the first time you visit.

Edit: this was not said with anyone in mind, it was just a play on words although in hindsight I see it could be viewed as a pointed comment. That was not the intention.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back