Forum down time Important Announcement

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, moderator liking moderator. Why? All sticking together it seems. There are quite a lot of interventions by moderators but perhaps they will calm down when the newness wears off.
We are all new here and finding our feet. Few seem as miserable about it as you.
The only intervention I have made is to edit out some of his post and to to tell Dave Ledger to behave himself. I don't think Emyr has made any.

So, moderator liking moderator. Why? All sticking together it seems. There are quite a lot of interventions by moderators but perhaps they will calm down when the newness wears off.

Hmmm ... are we looking at the same forum ? I can't see any evidence of any interventions of any sort and I thought it all looked pretty calm to me ... goodness knows we have seen some real fun and games on here in the past ... but nothing lately.

Maybe you've seen a couple of things TechAdmin and I have done, and put them in with Dani and Emyr have done. Overall, I think you are all pretty nice. Please don't change my mind. bee-smillie

We are all new here and finding our feet. Few seem as miserable about it as you.
The only intervention I have made is to edit out some of his post and to to tell Dave Ledger to behave himself. I don't think Emyr has made any.
Not at all miserable, just commenting

It's growing on me. Took a while. I thought it was awful to start with but hey.......it's just a question of constant use!!!!!

Gifts, reactions, likes.
All social media crap which detract from the proper beekeeping focus of the forum as far as I'm concerned.
-And I've just just received a notification that I'm being followed. More nonsense. I'm not sure whether I should feel flattered or threatened.

Hmmm ... are we looking at the same forum ? I can't see any evidence of any interventions of any sort and I thought it all looked pretty calm to me ... goodness knows we have seen some real fun and games on here in the past ... but nothing lately.

Hear hear ... was a battleground at times in the past and been very good since we had some proper moderation (take a bow Dani)

just remember the forum moto** ....

"its nice to be nice "

**I made this up**

Last edited:
I note that the gender of forumites is no longer shown. Rather a shame. Is this so as to be politically correct or is it because there are not enough icons to cover the multitude of inter-gender categories?

I note that the gender of forumites is no longer shown. Rather a shame. Is this so as to be politically correct or is it because there are not enough icons to cover the multitude of inter-gender categories?
The gender indicator on the old forum was a fairly recent thing - for years we had to guess.

My concern wasn't based on a "not invented here" point.
6.1 in the new T&C's require you to be the owner/originator of all material posted.
6.2 grants authority for anything you post to the new owners of the site royalty-free.
Some of the material I have previously posted for education purposes is based on my data but depends on intellectual property of BeeBreed/AGT/Arista Bee Research.
I can no longer provide that sort of information. We also can't post links to scientific papers/Journals as we aren't the authors/owners of the copyright for that material.

IANAL but surely you can post links to papers and photos on other websites without being the owner or transferring ownership.

IANAL but surely you can post links to papers and photos on other websites without being the owner or transferring ownership.

Yes you can. Post whatever you want. We have been running forums since 2001 and we have never had any copyright or legal issue. On rare occasion someone will request information being taken down, it's called a DMCA request here, there it's GDPR I believe.

I have checked out the software as I knew I'd seen a setting for gender, but on this version the Xenforo has deleted that from the registration, and any previous indication not showing.

For quite a while in the old system, I used to think that "Drone" meant a male forumite and "Queen Bee" meant a female.

Latest posts

Back