Forum down time Important Announcement

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Mark. Discovered this site when I had not had my bees very long. I have found it a great source of useful information and support. I may not post much (still feel I am in the amateur league so my posts are mostly wide eyed requests, well please really, for help) but read often a lot of what is said on here and feel I have learnt a lot. So thank you for your work, fully understand your decision and thank you for helping the site survive and move forward.

Thanks for the transfer, Mark, and your hard work until now.

Angie or Dani, will the forum become available on TapaTalk?
Also, what is the purpose of 'points', please, and why is there a 'gift' link under posts? What can we give to whom?

Thanks to Mark for his efforts over the years and best wishes for the future.
I'm sure well get used to the new ways (eventually :cool:)

Also, what is the purpose of 'points', please, and why is there a 'gift' link under posts? What can we give to whom?

GIFT is where one member can give a Supporting Membership to another member.
Points are just something that accumulates due to the reactions/Likes. They could be a criteria that updates the member ladder. That little name under your avatar. For some people they are important, for others they don't mean much.

GIFT is where one member can give a Supporting Membership to another member.
Points are just something that accumulates due to the reactions/Likes. They could be a criteria that updates the member ladder. That little name under your avatar. For some people they are important, for others they don't mean much.
What does that actually mean ??

Gifts, reactions, likes.
All social media crap which detract from the proper beekeeping focus of the forum as far as I'm concerned.

I was wondering about Tapatalk, I payed 19.99 for my subscription just to be able to put pictures on the bkf and to get notifications.
I feel quite lost without my phone pinging with notifications. o_O

I was wondering about Tap-a-talk, I payed 19.99 for my subscription just to be able to put pictures on the bkf and to get notifications.
I feel quite lost without my phone pinging with notifications. o_O

We do not run Tap-a-talk. Xenforo renders fairly well on mobile and you can upload photos via mobile too. We have concerns over the security and privacy of TT.

If you will go to your browser on your phone and type in the forum address. It will bring up the forum. Once you see it there should be a slide up from the bottom of the screen asking if you would like to save to your phone homepage. Do that and it creates an icon on your phone or tablet's screen. Then all you need to do is click on that and it will bring you directly to the homepage here. And if you will enable the push notifications, they will tell you when there is a new post or new conversation by doing a little ping.

This allows you to use all the features of the forum.

I use Mozilla Firefox, when I click to open a new tab, I get a list of Top Sites, which the beekeepingforum is one of them.... many of them have a little logo . . . . . why is the logo for this site a Wasp Nest o_O

I use Mozilla Firefox, when I click to open a new tab, I get a list of Top Sites, which the beekeepingforum is one of them.... many of them have a little logo . . . . . why is the logo for this site a Wasp Nest o_O

Thank you, I'll get that looked into right away.

I would like to ad my tribute to Mark. I think he did an amazing job under difficult circumstances and it was a pleasure to support his endeavours running an exceptional forum which he established free from vested interests. I wish him and his family good health and happiness. Thank you Mark.

All good things must eventually come to an end and I quite understand and endorse Mark's decision to secure the forum for the member's continued benefit in the best way possible. The forum looks slick but to my mind I will always miss the independent spirit of Mark's forum. Sadly, as the forum has become a commercial enterprise I no longer feel inclined to philanthropically support it and any future posts I make will be tempered by the knowledge that information freely given will become the intellectual property of a commercial vested interest.

Reactions: mbc
“If you don't get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don't want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can't hold on to it forever. Your mind is your predicament. It wants to be free of change. Free of pain, free of the obligations of life and death. But change is law and no amount of pretending will alter that reality.” ―Socrates.

So the forum has changed and I imagine all done in good faith. Good faith relates not just to the substance of terms, but also the way they are expressed and used.

Thanks Mark. Hope all gets better..

Latest posts

Back