for the doubting thomas's

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that guy already quit the flow forum, he got upset when I said he was keeping bees wrongly,:icon_204-2:

Looks like his modification is wrong. Looking at your flow box thread Dexter, the frames are deliberately pushed to that side of the hive to stop bees escaping, for inspection and extraction. I'd say he has just lost his guarantee.

I dont have OSR in my area but do have loads and loads of fireweed. 4 supers full in 4 weeks and very runny. Would of done very well with flow frames. still not ordered mine as im on nationals in WBC boxes so I need to modify them some how.

having read quite a few post's from members who thought that the flow hive campaign was a big con, and that pledging money would see no returns, I had a nice surprise today, a package arrived that I had not ordered, 3 x free of charge flow frames, as a way of thanks for helping moderate the flow forum, retail price of these is £170 plus postage, so a nice little treat

Altruistic bribery of course?

Last edited:
have to :icon_204-2: at some of the members here, firstly it was moaned at that this was a big conn and nothing would ever been seen again,
then when freebies get sent through, a change of tack is needed, so lets forget we doubted delivery and change our argument to something else

Altruistic bribery of course?

it's coming to the end of the season so I suppose they need something to keep their minds occupied

Just a thought....

I have spent hours... literally hours, cleaning and steralising all the fiddly little plastic bits that go to make up the frames, feeder excluders etc made from plastic/ urethane Apidea type mini mating nucleus boxed, in readiness for next years queen rearing and honeybee breeding efforts.
The parts are probably made from the same materials the Flow's hive uniquely complex parts... and are proving desperately difficult to clean

Another problem for those daft enough to get Flow,s hive?

Mytten da

Jet washer and a pair of pliers to hold the fiddly frames with seems to work... after a long
soak in warm washing soda and 5% beach..... seems to do it!

Yeghes da

you could be right, won't know for sure till next year or after though will we

:ohthedrama:

I doubt many people spending loadsofmoney on flowhives are going to admit any problems to nonbelievers...

I doubt many people spending loadsofmoney on flowhives are going to admit any problems to nonbelievers...

I certainly will rest assured, if you have read all my topics, you'll see I also have a pair of the chinese copy flow frames, which although not alot cheaper, and crap looking compared to real flow frames, I'll be running both to do a comparison video

I also have a pair of the chinese copy flow frames, I'll be running both to do a comparison video

I look forwards to seeing that, Dexter.

I didn't invest in a FlowHive at the start, I do have some reservations as to how it will work especially here in the UK but I hope it does.

Once all the bugs are ironed out and people have sorted out the best ways to make it work I could probably be persuaded, especially when some people have discovered that getting honey isn't just about turning a tap and stick the whole thing on Fleabay at half the cost.

I wonder if the Rev. Langstroth met with such emnity when he introduced his revolutionary new hive design that we now all take pretty much for granted?

Andy

But could you think of a better use to put old Champagne crates to?

.... as for me I will stick to me old polly fishboxes!

Yeghes da

Are you aware that your bee's may not take too kindly to the plastic foundation?

Already a disgruntled FlowHive owner on Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BsQxqpsmbU

That really doesn't surprise me - give the bees the choice between plastic cells that are provided in the flow frames and wax cells that they have drawn themselves and I would expect it to be no contest. Time will tell - there are going to be some in use this coming season and the users will either be gloating or keeping very quiet !!

Somebody on the flow forum posted this picture of his extraction

Attachments

• 242c36a439142a4c2aa2f5ae5eb3cd3ea63b6d92_1_375x500.jpeg
    242c36a439142a4c2aa2f5ae5eb3cd3ea63b6d92_1_375x500.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 70
Somebody on the flow forum posted this picture of his extraction

Something wrong there, the honey is supposed to run out through a pipe/tube going by the videos I have seen.

If honey was running out of a hive like that at the end of a flow around here, that colony would likely be a dead one.

Latest posts

Back