Final Year Student Redesigning the Beehive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahHep13

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello, my name is Sarah.
I am a student at Loughborough University studying Design with Engineering Materials and my final year design project is titled "A Beehive for the 21st Century".
I would be grateful if you could spare a couple of minutes of your time to complete a questionnaire I have produced with the aim of obtaining some quality data from those who interact with this product frequently.
The questionnaire is anonymous and the results will be used for nothing other than helping me define an area of the hive I feel can be improved, though results of the project can be made available to participants upon request. There are 10 short questions and an opportunity for you to suggest any ways in which you feel the hive could be improved. To access the questionnaire, just follow the link below:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JCGBTVB

Your experience and knowledge will greatly assist me in the completion of this project, and will hopefully lead to a feasible solution to one or more of the many problems encountered in the act of beekeeping.

Thank you in advance.
:thanks:

McAfee blocked the link.

However the way to go is with Pollystyrene well insulated hives with open mesh floors set at a sensible working height
KISS as Tractor Man et al would say !

Sorry wont work on my ipad, will try later on desktop!

Done....

As PH used to say, please!! not another hive design :hairpull:

McAfee blocked the link.

However the way to go is with Pollystyrene well insulated hives with open mesh floors set at a sensible working height
KISS as Tractor Man et al would say !

Until the input is from tar sands and unjustifiable on ecological grounds:nono:

Your experience and knowledge will greatly assist me in the completion of this project, and will hopefully lead to a feasible solution to one or more of the many problems encountered in the act of beekeeping.

Thank you in advance.
:thanks:

I've filled in your questionnaire......
but you seem to have at least some preconceived ideas about "many problems" and you also seem to have decided that, at least, some of them are caused by existing hive design.

How about sharing some of your ideas of the many problems and gain our input on them?

Do you keep bees yourself? If not where has your info about the many problems come from? - there is a lot of... lets say... ill-informed opinion published about bees......

You wouldn't want to be solving a "problem" that didn't actually exist......

Nice to see the youth of today are interested in keeping bees. Shame I did not take up the hobby 30 years ago.

And me!

I'm half grumpy that someone should come in fresh and believe they can improve generations of work....

but actually pleased that new talent is around to think the unthinkable!

Go to it, youngster!

Show us how to do it better!

[But be ready for the professional grumps to rear their ugly heads.]

Dusty

I was going to fill it out but that question #7 appeared to be out of context - completely. Anyone give a good reason to justify that question in a supposed questionnaire on hive design?

Latest posts

Back