fence problem help

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mocko 10

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi i have a smallholding where over the years i have made it into a mini nature place i also keep my bees there; the problem is the fella next to me keeps spraying weedkillar on my side of the wire boundry fence.I planted a mixed hawthorn hedge which he killed when asked about it he said it was kids over the years he has been in truble with all the ajoining farms one of them had the police hideing at night in their house trying to catch him as he put human you know what down their well. I told the police they said they cant help me as its a cival matter i have sent him a soliciters letter before on a different thing but it cost me 400 pounds as a pensioner i cant aford it all the time.Im now going to put up a tinsheet fence i have also bought a no flash trail camera as i know he will knock it down in the night as i dont live there and one time along the line the bees will be next, So can anyone tell me how far i must LEGALLY put my fence from his and how high am i allowed thanks very much Paul

the fence is the legal boundary as long as it is in the right place.

with out planning permision 6ft 6in leave the wire fence and stick it on yor side as close to the wire fence to save any agro

put the tin fence 6" inside the wire fence and he cannot claim you are damamging the footings of his fence

in order to protect your land title, fix notices that say the boundary is 6" from the face of this tin fence

field boundaries can be a real problem as under old enclosure and tythe law the boundary is the middle of the ditch dug to define the title area...the mound of earth from the biulding of the ditch was unusable and this mound became the line of the enclosure hedge but it was not the boundary

old tythe maps show the line of the ditch not the hedge and Farm title deeds ofton follow the tythe ditch rather than the hedge...try expalaning that to a devloper as to why his land is 1metre short on all boundaries :cool:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back