Feel Good TV

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In these days of recession/depression and general doom and gloom am I the only one fed up with constant TV programmes about dysfunctional families? Wouldn't it be nice to see people who get on well with each other, to see their celebrations and good times? It may be a comfort to people who live alone and a role model for others. Can't we have some other cheerful programmes too? Harry Hill is doing his best but needs help. There could be a warning for people who want to stay miserable. What do you all think? If people agree is there some way to get this over to the TV companies?

I think the problem is most TV programmes are now geared for viewing by dysfunctional families

Your right about Harry Hill needing help. Iv thought that for a while.
:iagree: A good argument for compulsory euthanasia he really does grip my sh!t

Agreed, especially Double Deckers (I was sweet on Tiger- and yes I was her age).

Also Oliver Postgate should be knighted, or preferably deified. not worthynot worthynot worthy
:iagree:
I was sweet on tiger as well :also had a friend who was a spitting image of her and before you ask - yes!
I used to wait for the telly to start in the morning (remember the days when we didn't have sh!te broadcast 24/7?) to watch greats like Hammy Hamster, Bonanza et. al. - this was after I'd cleaned the grate and lit the fire (as a treat, at Christmas time my father would let me climb up the chimney to clean it ready for santa)
:D

Never heard of your local library?

We use two of them as in this job we are constantly interrupted and as there is pretty much nothing worth watching including the so called news, where if there ain't a camera there it don't exist these days, we leave it off.

Books you can drop and pick up, no bother.

PH

I totally agree! It's why I prefer shows like Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek - a bit of fantasy can be a great distraction from all the depressing game shows, reality tv shows, and bickering family sitcoms!

and Merlin. Pure rubbish. Totally addictive. Utterly charming

If you want something worthwhile about dysfunctionality (and much much more), see Jerusalem on stage in the West End. Brilliant

:iagree:
hardly ever watch TV now - except Dr Who and rugby, I'm either on the interweb, catching up on my work as hunt treasurer, fishing club treasurer, Fishing/shooting club chairman, councillor, and chairman of Carmarthenshire fishermen's federation.
I also look after the bees and take the odd work break!

Latest posts

Back