Farmers Market

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stickyfingers

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Anyone had any experience selling at Farmers Market in particular London.

Says you have to register with council?

you usually have to have your food hygeine cert to do them as well

you usually have to have your food hygeine cert to do them as well

Yep but can be done for about £15 & and under an hr.
One we do asks for a risk assessment for their own venue?
Box ticking!

Last edited:
For the past three years most of my honey has been sold through Twickenham farmers market not by me but a third party. The deal was I ran two hives for them and harvest their honey for sale and after that is sold they sell my honey. It has worked well they sell something like 12+ jars every Saturday along with all their veg. I understand a few people over the years pitched up just selling honey but only for the odd day, either they sold out or found it more trouble than its worth.

I understand each market has a set of rules linked to it or boxes you must tick and best if you contact the market to check first.

Anyone had any experience selling at Farmers Market in particular London.

Says you have to register with council?

We sell at farmers markets and are registered with council. This entails having your premises checked for hygiene, have food hygeine certificate and having market traders insurance.
All pretty easy in reality
S

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Well, I'm trying my first one on Friday.
Some form filling and proof of public liability is all that was requested.

Well, I'm trying my first one on Friday.
Some form filling and proof of public liability is all that was requested.

Yup - there seems to be this stubborn insistence of sticking to common sense round our way - same story with SWMBO at our local market.

I am fortunate to have access to the local "Country Market" where my honey and that of a couple of other beeks is sold (this year at £5.20 lb) with the market taking 12% for expenses and the charity they support. Thay like to think honey sellers abide with their rules book but it isn't arduous anyway. The other benefit is that the subscription is a one off £1 for life and that one can sell all sorts of other stuff (veggies, plants, cakes, jam, craft works, etc, etc ad infinitum) too. Occasionally one is asked to man their stall which means one has to get up a bit earlier than normal - no bad thing for this geriatric.

Finchley Farmers Market a couple of years ago; sold about 40 jars in a few hours, and the Market was begging for me to come back on a more regular basis. It's a good way to go.

Latest posts

Back