Extractor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brodie

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I will have 10 hive this year so I’m looking to upgrade to an electric spinner extractor really don’t know what to look for any advice. Thank you

A radial extractor would be the best option. Are you thinking of expanding in the future, as this may decide how many frames you want to extract at a time? Then decide what your budget is going to be.

Depending on the extractor one currently has , could it be modified to electric?
I electrified my 40 y/o nylon 9F radial.

The swing gage extractors are worth a look also.

if you are free on 24th recommend visiting the beekeeping show at Telford. All the major manufacturers will be there so you can actually see the extractors first hand. There are usually show discounts to be had. You might feel a 20 frame extractor is over kill with 10 hives, but it future proofs you for any expansion and cut work in half. generally not much more in cost than 10 frame one.

https://www.thebeekeepingshow.co.uk/

I like the thorns plastic one. So easy to clean and use.
Just ordered Thorne's electric heavy duty plastic extractor, so glad to see you recommend it.
Until now I've been using a manual 2 frame plastic extractor, but it's just getting too time-consuming and laborious with the amount of honey I'm producing each year, so I've bitten the bullet and spent the money, looking forward to more pleasant extracting this year :) .
I really like how easy it is to clean the plastic extractor and its durability (particularly when I drag it up and down from the loft!), so decided to stick with it over stainless steel. I've also seen a couple of stainless steel extractors in the flesh and not only do they look more awkward to clean, but also seem to have more sharp edges. I'm surprised the plastic extractors aren't more popular.
I'll have to let you know how I get on with the new extractor if/when I get a honey crop this year!

Thanks everyone iv just looked at the thorns plastic one electric omg £1000 for a bucket

Thanks everyone iv just looked at the thorns plastic one electric omg £1000 for a bucket
Yep but Thornes have been about for a while, should there be any issues (not to be expected) and you’d have them sorted. Re-sale value will also hold up due to this should your circumstances change. Maybe kept an eye out for a second hand one.

Just ordered Thorne's electric heavy duty plastic extractor, so glad to see you recommend it.
Until now I've been using a manual 2 frame plastic extractor, but it's just getting too time-consuming and laborious with the amount of honey I'm producing each year, so I've bitten the bullet and spent the money, looking forward to more pleasant extracting this year :) .
I really like how easy it is to clean the plastic extractor and its durability (particularly when I drag it up and down from the loft!), so decided to stick with it over stainless steel. I've also seen a couple of stainless steel extractors in the flesh and not only do they look more awkward to clean, but also seem to have more sharp edges. I'm surprised the plastic extractors aren't more popular.
I'll have to let you know how I get on with the new extractor if/when I get a honey crop this year!
I have tried others and it suits me best. Make sure you have, and don't lose, the ball bearing from the bottom😁

Latest posts

Back