Extractor Question

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll vouch for Gruff, even though he's from Dryslwyn, Thomas is a reputable firm and their kit is of good quality. I had a similar extractor (Lega) from Maisemores years ago and it's a good bit of kit for someone with only a handful of hives

Afternoon,

Looking to get ahead of the season and purchase an extractor.

This seems like a good deal, has anyone got any experience with this extractor and also the company.

https://gwenyngruffydd.co.uk/produc...ling-tank-bundle?_pos=12&_sid=1bdb3f92e&_ss=r

Thanks for your time.

Have a good rest of the day
The strainer on a settling tank is a good idea although 2mm seems like quite a large mesh. In any case, if you use that settling tank with the filter on the top and let the honey settle for a while, you won't clog your double strainer when you strain through them and into a bucket.

The strainer on a settling tank is a good idea although 2mm seems like quite a large mesh. In any case, if you use that settling tank with the filter on the top and let the honey settle for a while, you won't clog your double strainer when you strain through them and into a bucket.
A bit small (if you plan to expand) but I would say good value with the settling tank and sieve included. I have a large 9 frame radial Thomas extractor with a sieve and he sieve is a great advantage in my opinion. I "electrified" mine with a one way clutch bearing and a cordless electric drill, PM me for details if you want.

Afternoon,

Looking to get ahead of the season and purchase an extractor.

This seems like a good deal, has anyone got any experience with this extractor and also the company.

https://gwenyngruffydd.co.uk/produc...ling-tank-bundle?_pos=12&_sid=1bdb3f92e&_ss=r

Thanks for your time.

Have a good rest of the day
I borrowed a Thomas extractor like this from my Association a while ago (same thing, older model), and really liked it. I thought the quality was very good indeed, and I really liked the straining directly into the settling tank. It prepared the honey for a subsequent filter, without having to faff with clogged seives.

I have to say, if I'd thought at the time that you could get them at this kind of price, I would have jumped at the chance, though I soon got to the point that a 9 frame radial became a better choice for me.

Deffo recommend, though.

Latest posts

Back