Donate to the Beekeeping Forum !

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Admin, I think you should increase the options to include £5 donations, you may get more revenue.I have my own website - hosting is LESS THAN £36 PER YEAR AND THE DOMAIN IS £4 PA. Why is your target £60 Pm = £720 pa. I am happy to give £10 pa towards the cost because in two weeks the forum has been very helpful, but where does the £720pa come from??
Admin you been busted looooooooooooooooool

Interesting that only 10 of the top 30 most prolific posters*, are credited as donating to the Forum....

and only 8 of the next 30 donate.

Surprises me somewhat.

I'd expect those with most to say would put their money where their mouths are.

Dusty.

* Though to be fair this does include Admin and moderators.

some folk contribute financially, others by giving out good, free advice. (some even do both!)

Admin, I think you should increase the options to include £5 donations, you may get more revenue.I have my own website - hosting is LESS THAN £36 PER YEAR AND THE DOMAIN IS £4 PA. Why is your target £60 Pm = £720 pa. I am happy to give £10 pa towards the cost because in two weeks the forum has been very helpful, but where does the £720pa come from??

Admin you been busted looooooooooooooooool

We could get hosting for around £75 per year for the server and domain name but the downtime would kill us and we would run out of server space in around a fortnight,we have been there and done that at the begining,also we have over 5GIG of data on the forum to store.

For the donations received we get full 24 hour telephone/email support.
We get UK based rack space in a business data centre who I can get to pop down and reboot the server within 5 minutes.
And the real kicker is we burn around "4 GIGABYTE " of data per day.

If you could provide that for less than £36 per year then I will take 100 slots please...

We could drop the donation's to £5 but get more than enough donations as things are.
As many of the donations are from members selling Nuc's ect.

I am still waiting till I see any shortfall in a month then will whizz in with top up- so far a healthy balance.

Interesting that only 10 of the top 30 most prolific posters*, are credited as donating to the Forum....

and only 8 of the next 30 donate.

Surprises me somewhat.

I'd expect those with most to say would put their money where their mouths are.

Dusty.

* Though to be fair this does include Admin and moderators.

How did you work out the stats? Is there a list of posters in order of number of posts?
Cazza

This forum does a great job and admin started something which benefits us all and should not find themselves out of pocket. If you are financially able donate, if not you can support the forum with your written support.We and our bees all be a lot worse off without this site.

Stephen

This forum does a great job and admin started something which benefits us all and should not find themselves out of pocket. If you are financially able donate, if not you can support the forum with your written support.We and our bees all be a lot worse off without this site.

Stephen

:iagree:

How did you work out the stats? Is there a list of posters in order of number of posts?
Cazza

Go to "MEMBER LIST" at the top of the page.

This takes you to an alphabetical list of Forum members, in a grid pattern.
Second column is headed, "Posts".

Click on that, and all the members are listed in order of posts, 30 to a page.

Really interesting to see things like, how the number of avatars reduce with the number of posts, how few post more than once or twice etc.

Keep thinking I'll do a little analysis of the top 500 posters. But I still have a life. Just.

Dusty.

Go to "MEMBER LIST" at the top of the page.

This takes you to an alphabetical list of Forum members, in a grid pattern.
Second column is headed, "Posts".

Click on that, and all the members are listed in order of posts, 30 to a page.

Really interesting to see things like, how the number of avatars reduce with the number of posts, how few post more than once or twice etc.

Keep thinking I'll do a little analysis of the top 500 posters. But I still have a life. Just.

Dusty.

Thanks Dusty, that was jolly interesting for us list lovers.
Cazza

I'd happily contribute but it seems the minimum donation is £15 and I simply don't have that spare at present.

Admin.I don't do a lot of posting on this site but read it every day learned a lot made some good friends through it and am glad to donate. Is there a problem with processing smaller donations?I have often trolled through the site and gotten ideas and thought that if there was a button so I could stick a fiver in I would do it I think it would encourage more people to donate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back