I have a new job!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done James,
I bought the company a ran back in 1991 with my business partner. We always said that we didn’t want to be rich but enjoy working together. Which is what we did for 25 years until I retired at 60 because I got fed up of producing hundreds of pages of safety nonsense for main contractors to stuff down their pants to protect their arses!
For the last 9 years I’ve been enjoying the fruits of those years and playing with my bee business. Have fun! 😁

First vehicle out of the workshop since I started :D A fitted-out Renault Trafic.

pp-04-rotated.jpg

James

Not keen on the colour, but looks a nice job. Needs a mattress!
How much do they go out for?

We laminate the ply ourselves (have a big press for laminating 8'x4' sheets), so it's whatever colour the customer prefers :D Someone had a kitchen done in bright red a while back apparently. Not a colour I'd have chosen, I have to admit.

I'm not actually sure what the price on this one was because it was all negotiated before I started and then the customer changed their mind several times. For instance, the original plan was just to have a "carpeted" roof (the inside of the van is 3d-scanned, then ply panels cut to match on a massive CNC router which are fitted and then carpeted). Then he saw the oak strip ceiling in a photo of another van, and decided it had to have that instead.

Oh, the CNC router... What a beast that is.

pp-03.jpg

Does an 8x4' sheet in one go. Kind of like a 3d printer, but cutting rather than building. And loud :D Doesn't just have to be ply though. My business partner slotted an 8x2' sheet of oak onto it this afternoon and cut a set of worktops for another customer's van.

James

We laminate the ply ourselves (have a big press for laminating 8'x4' sheets), so it's whatever colour the customer prefers :D Someone had a kitchen done in bright red a while back apparently. Not a colour I'd have chosen, I have to admit.

I'm not actually sure what the price on this one was because it was all negotiated before I started and then the customer changed their mind several times. For instance, the original plan was just to have a "carpeted" roof (the inside of the van is 3d-scanned, then ply panels cut to match on a massive CNC router which are fitted and then carpeted). Then he saw the oak strip ceiling in a photo of another van, and decided it had to have that instead.

Oh, the CNC router... What a beast that is.

pp-03.jpg

Does an 8x4' sheet in one go. Kind of like a 3d printer, but cutting rather than building. And loud :D Doesn't just have to be ply though. My business partner slotted an 8x2' sheet of oak onto it this afternoon and cut a set of worktops for another customer's van.

James
Fun kit! 👍

Heavens James. What fun you must be having. We bought our first van ex demo and had it done out. I wish I had known then what I do now we might still have it. Our latest is ready converted by Eldiss and we Stan has made a few alterations. If we ever want to downsize even further I know where to come

Latest posts

Back