Does Bioactive Honey exist?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks a bit like the BBKA logo but reversed.
It's not exactly the same so I'm probably wrong.

Swan - bewick, berwick? Have they filched it off chainbridge?

I see not many have checked out the reverse of Hooper's book.

Can have some bio-active honey as my prize please?

Times up, it is a copy of the picture on the back of Hooper's* Guide to Bees and Honey, or at least my paperback version. For legal reasons I'm not saying they've pinched it as it may be available from a picture agency or some such.

*rhymes with Whooper as in the type of swan

Very good. Now did anyone notice that RootTops mirror works in an unconventional manner? Instead of reversing the image, it appears to rotate it 90 degrees anti-clockwise.

Grabbing the picture and enlarging it shows convincing artifacts around the yellow flower extension to the lower right (Hooper view) that is plainly on what is an extension of the picture shown on the back of the Fourth edition, reprinted in 2008. I am no expert, but would conjecture simply that the two pictures had a common source.

Well spotted RoofTops - the man with the magic rotating mirror, and to ChrisB who patently reads the whole book, attentively - cover to cover - literally it seems. :)

To the rest of us - shame :( 0/10 for observation folks. :)

Chris B, sorry I didn't spot your winning entry to the competition, looking at the times you snuck it in while I was putting my post together. PM me with your address and I'll send you a pot of Kingsbridge honey. Hombre wins the spatial awareness prize of a picture of some Kingsbridge bio-wotsit honey, which has been turned through the appropriate angle for easy recognition. This is very special honey which doubles as a knife block.
4185344174_85d1a94c12.jpg

off topic, but that is a very nice capped super frame - it seems wide too, langstroth?

Yes, Langstroth shallow. You can also see one of the problems with Manleys - lots of propolis. It is not a big issue but means you do have to crack them apart before trying to remove them and that can take some force if they've been there for some time.

Latest posts

Back