Do you have VSH Queens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure - logged in from 2 different devices - given the trolling that goes on I will retain @Bazzer
You can log in from two different devices in the same name. Both accounts have different email addresses so I might hazard that they were created as separate identities on purpose ?

Sure - logged in from 2 different devices - given the trolling that goes on I will retain @Bazzer
Trolling what trolling, since when is asking for justification of claims, examples or precedent trolling in any form! Unless of course they can’t find any.

Last edited:
bazdmoore can now be safely ignored - simple issue with forgotten passwords
If you forget your password you can’t post, it’s when you get them mixed up and post from the wrong account embarrassing issues arise😂Dont worry your not the first and doubt you’ll be the last!

Last edited:
Actually the reason we historically have so much heather is that grouse eat the fresh stems and the aristocracy loved to spend their holidays shooting grouse
https://www.gwct.org.uk/research/species/birds/red-grouse/Sheep and deer are the reason we have so few upland trees.
That and estates over the years clearing trees from all over.
Back to purple springs to mind.
I think I would prefer upland trees growing

I disagree, natural selection would mean that vsh bees in the wild ( lost swarms etc) would have a greater chance of survival. My drones if their lucky will impact on the local population albeit by a small margin over time if enough keepers buy into it and go vsh then the Gean pool will be affected just as our black bee has been mongralised by Buckie’s and Carolina etc
It’s a numbers game.
The question I suppose I am really asking is weather or not productivity is good enough for people to want vsh queens . Or would they rather stick with what they have and treat
What about the wild populations that have survived varroa pretty much on their own, surely we should be trying to select from them over buying in more bees?

Wales, Scotlan, Ireland mainly where the black bees havnt been diluted? Starting from close to native stock and not treating incures heavy losses but also forces the normally undesirable hygienic trait according to research i watched on the national honey show YouTube channel, I can find the link if you've not already seen it?

Yes please. Can I have the link, Robin?
I’ve mentioned research on feral colonies showing they were descended from neighbouring beekeepers but when I do bring it up somebody always tells me it was a phd thesis and not peer reviewed.

Yes please. Can I have the link, Robin?
I’ve mentioned research on feral colonies showing they were descended from neighbouring beekeepers but when I do bring it up somebody always tells me it was a phd thesis and not peer reviewed.
I'm not sure the British seminar I watched was a PhD but I'm almost certain the one Tom Seeley produced was? I'll try find it just now for you very interesting watch.

Latest posts

Back