Dave Cushman

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The forum hits for last month was Four million one hundred and seventy six thousand seven hundred and sixty three.

Forty five thousand nine hundred and sixty visitors.

And thats during a cold January winter,in the summer it goes up.

I am not up to speed on what Daves plans were for his website,if it goes down we have a domain and a website mirror for it,that way it will never be lost.

Admin.

It is not just his family you have to ask, he also had material (e.g photographs) from others (like me) which may require a little more work to obtain continuing use.

Adam

May not be such a problem Adam, but sure Admin has it in hand

I deliberately hold no copyright and grant free use of any of my material or software (apart from family photographs all of which are copyright, some of which are the copyright of my sister Anji Cushman and some others are the copyright of my father, Albert Cushman).

although he does exclude the photo pages from this

It's good to know that a snapshot of Dave's site has been made. It was so sad to hear of his passing. I suspect that others like me will have spent many pleasant hours trawling through the wealth of pages he authored. He posted a beautifully diverse selection of subjects onto the internet. He will be sadly missed.

I am not up to speed on what Daves plans were for his website,if it goes down we have a domain and a website mirror for it,that way it will never be lost.

Admin.

Mark, maybe this is the right time for you and Roger P to patch things up? Dave and Roger were close, and I would imagine that Roger knows Dave's wishes very well.

A sad loss indeed.

Gavin

I too am saddened to hear of his death. I had hoped to make his acquaintance one day as I have been continually impressed by his web site and by the way people I know and respect speak of him.

God bless him. Indeed a silent mentor to many and always quick to respond to my emails.

It would appear from the bbka forum that Dave had already entrusted his website to the care of Roger Patterson who intends to maintain it 'as is' for the time being.

I was just about to post something similar. Haven't read the other forum yet but I understand that Dave made his wishes very clear to his friend Roger. This isn't a time to be bothering Dave's friends and family, just trust them to continue Dave's legacy in the way he wanted.

Gavin

Dave's wishes are also clearly expressed in the copyright notice he included on virtually every page: "<meta name="copyright" content="Free of all Copyright" />". That means anyone is free to do what they like with the material (including changing it and adding their own copyright!). As long as the material remains available and free (as in "freedom" not just "price") it should not be made a battleground.

I had the privilege of meeting Dave twice at Leicestershire and Rutland Beekeepers Association meetings. He was, in fact, the very first person I met at my first meeting. On the second occasion we had an interesting chat about physics!

Paul

I was just about to post something similar. Haven't read the other forum yet but I understand that Dave made his wishes very clear to his friend Roger. This isn't a time to be bothering Dave's friends and family, just trust them to continue Dave's legacy in the way he wanted.

Gavin

nice touch admin. top marks mark.

although it won't be long before we get threads regarding loitering DCs and lots of replies suggesting F5 etc.!!!!

Big shame.

His website was a great benefit to lots of the new (and old) generation of beekeepers.

Continue to mentor "newbees" in the great apiary in the sky Dave.

RIP

Ben P

I have spent many hrs looking around his website.It's good that so many can still
used his info and all the work he has done will not be wasted.

RIP

Martin

Dave was my first contact when thinking about taking up beekeeping, due to a superficial similarity in our paths. RAF and Amateur Radio, but in a totally different timeframe.

I received very good advice by email and only had one opportunity to meet the man at the Rutland & Leicester BKA.

His website has been a fantastic resource from a very generous man. I am indebted.

RIP Dave Cushman.

Has the funeral taken place yet?
If not I am happy to send some flowers on behalf of all forum members as we have all benefited from his website over the years.

A good Beekeeper and Engineer,RIP Dave xx

:iagree:

This was posted on the other forum

"I had hoped to keep this quiet as a matter of respect for Dave Cushman, but unfortunately I have to make an announcement now for reasons that have come to my attention.

I knew Dave Cushman very well and when his health was deteriorating he asked me to take over his website. At the moment I won't reveal some of the details of the many conversations we had, but I have put into place a plan to allow his website to continue in the current manner as far as possible. I have made contact with his family today.

Please be assured I will keep Dave's website going in the manner he wished. It is a tremendous resource and I want it to continue to be so.

Roger Patterson"

Just to let people know what was going on

Rest in Peace Mr Cushman I hope that you have found a warm sunny spot some where jsut over the visible horizon and are tending to your beautiful, pest free non swarmy bees. Thank you for all your work

Thats great news,I am sure everyone on the forum can join me in saying well done to Roger for picking up the torch from Dave.

Mark
Admin.

This was posted on the other forum

"I had hoped to keep this quiet as a matter of respect for Dave Cushman, but unfortunately I have to make an announcement now for reasons that have come to my attention.

I knew Dave Cushman very well and when his health was deteriorating he asked me to take over his website. At the moment I won't reveal some of the details of the many conversations we had, but I have put into place a plan to allow his website to continue in the current manner as far as possible. I have made contact with his family today.

Please be assured I will keep Dave's website going in the manner he wished. It is a tremendous resource and I want it to continue to be so.

Roger Patterson"

Just to let people know what was going on

Latest posts

Back