Dave Cushman

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilderness

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
4 + 1 nucs
On another list, I read with great sadness that Dave Cushman has died. A great loss to beekeeping.

Thanks for the heads up.

A wonderful man and yes he will be missed.

I wonder though what will happen to his web site?

PH

Has the funeral taken place yet?
If not I am happy to send some flowers on behalf of all forum members as we have all benefited from his website over the years.

A good Beekeeper and Engineer,RIP Dave xx

great idea admin. i'm all for the gesture (and perhaps a subtle enquiry as to hosting the site???).

anyone got the wherewithall to grab/archive all the pages before it goes down?

Why not offer to host an archive of his site in his memory?

If not I am happy to send some flowers on behalf of all forum members as we have all benefited from his website over the years.

Does anyone know his family to ask if we might benefit from it in perpetuity by absorbing some of the fantastic information it contains? It would be a shame for all that knowledge to simply disappear.

Very sad news indeed, I have taken great value from his web site over the years particularly where he combined is love of bees with his engineering background and as a result provided equipment build plans and instructions of absolute clarity.

On March 16 he was due to be speaking at York & Districts monthly meet on Bee Behaviour & Nest Integrity

RIP Dave

Not only the information but the enthusiasm for beekeeping too.

Does anyone know his family to ask if we might benefit from it in perpetuity by absorbing some of the fantastic information it contains? It would be a shame for all that knowledge to simply disappear.

I've asked Roger Patterson, who is in touch with his family. He also ran the BIBBA website and when I last talked to him, his main site was hitting around 1million hits per year. He had material stored up to add to it as I sent him details of the measurements of the Woodbury hive not that long since. It is not just his family you have to ask, he also had material (e.g photographs) from others (like me) which may require a little more work to obtain continuing use.

Adam

Last edited:
A million hits? This forum could go mental.

And Radio amateur
John Wilkinson(G4WIL)

A silent mentor to me.

I spent many hours trolling his website looking for information and helpful advise. I'm sure he inspired many of us over the years with his passion and thoughts.

picture.php

RIP Dave, you will be missed on a Tuesday night, but we will have some cheese scones left over.;) :angelsad2:

John

Very sad, managed to meet him last year at the convention, very pleasant/clever chap.

RIP Dave

A million hits? This forum could go mental.

Hits isn't the same as visitors. My beekeeping club website (which I've setup) manages 400,000 hits per year, and that averages out at 50,000 pages read, in 20,000 visits by 12,000 unique visitors

Here's an explanation of what hits are, for anyone geeky who is wondering what it all means!

http://www.mediacollege.com/internet/statistics/hits/

Latest posts

Back