Dangers of Beekeeping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are myriad natural treatments for beestings but anaphylaxis is a universal over reaction to many allergens beestings being only one !
Treatment with adrenaline followed by other recovery treatments is the standard way of dealing with such an emengancy.

John Wilkinson

Personally, I find that an oral antihistamine and a dab of HC-45 cream tends to do the trick.

Sadly, I've got through two full tubes of the stuff during the last three days!

Personally, I find that an oral antihistamine and a dab of HC-45 cream tends to do the trick.

Sadly, I've got through two full tubes of the stuff during the last three days!
Spring bees are usually quiet bees bee-smillie.
Either your handlings are clumsy or a change of queen needed :smash:.

John Wilkinson

Read my earlier post on this thread John.
I sypathise:iamwithstupid:.
My old friend foolishly took on the task of removing a neglected hive from a long failed school project :(.
Everything gummed down braced together etc. practically needed a pneumatic drill to part the boxes . He got battered :willy_nilly:.
Poor guy sat in his chair for 2 full days looking swollen and in agony ,told me later he was convinced he was about to expire!.
Peter was totally immune after 30 odd years of beekeeping but the sheer volume of stings/venom sorely tested his defenses.

John Wilkinson

Good important point about the use of epipens. learning all I can as a newbie from Cramps manual, one of the first things he makes clear is get tested for any reactions to stings, and ask for an epipen. Going to Docs next week to enquire about an allergy test. Would advise all newbies to do same as you never know. Havent read the news report but guess not the first time he had been stung, so maybe a sobering thought for all.

PH do you know him,article says he's from Coalville.

Apparently he got his Bees last year from same supplier that I got mine from. My Bees are a bit tetchy this year I think I will have to requeen them as in my garden, completly different to last years Bees.

I read the story in the paper and his dad said he should have worn his suit.

I read the story in the paper and his dad said he should have worn his suit.

I read it it too in several online papers, and it would appear that not only did he not wear a suit he was actually bare chested which is why he got so many stings on his chest.

Before this turns in to a 'he shouldn't have done this or that' thread....he paid the ultimate price and that is a very sad fact in itself.

Enough said.

Latest posts

Back