Cyprus Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karsal

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 Pay*es Poly Hives 7 Poly Nucs
Just got back from a holiday in Cyprus.

Poor beekeepers there are getting 7 euros for 1 kg of honey.

It was even less in a supermarket.

Hell the poor B$ggers

Yes lots of imports from China push the price down. Fidl was selling it for 3,49 euros/kg at Christmas time.
I used to produce and market about 10 tons of honey a year but switched to another branch of the bee business due to intense competition from imported honey.

How is going your economy in Cyprus after Creece's crisis?

But these hobby beekeepers do not mind to extract their yields, but they are worried even about foreign honey prices. It is same in my country.

After all, 7€/kg is very good price to a professinal beekeeper.

I can buy Hungarian honey from supermarket 6€/kg, and taste is good.

After all, 7€/kg is very good price to a professinal beekeeper.
:iagree:
Speak To "Goran", he will tell you about how bad the prices are in Croatia, How beekeepers make it pay there ???

7 euros per Kilo in bulk is good!!

:iagree:
Speak To "Goran", he will tell you about how bad the prices are in Croatia,
!!

IT seems that Göran has ignore button on to my direction.
I think that living cost level in Croatia is not very high in European scale.
Unemployment rate in Croatia is now 16.5%

In Cyprus unemployment is 15.6%

If honey price is too high, local people are not able to by it.
.if you import it, you get almost nothing from it.

If you look honey prices in German Lidl, you get honey with 4€/ kg and 6€/kg. Same stuff in Finnish Lidl is much more higher.

Extract all your yields and stop crying!

Last edited:
I thought that Chinese honey was already banned in the EU... obviously not!

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides...EP//TEXT+MOTION+B8-2015-1200+0+DOC+XML+V0//EN

:ban:

Yeghes da

Stats there .. while it fell by 28% in France between 2006 and 2010 and in Europe has only increased by 30% in the past 10 years;

Wonder if that ties in with numbers of hives going up/down and overstocking in some areas. Was looking at figures the other night but I think they're from 2007 - european hive numbers.

over here you can buy honey for 10 euros from the door or 6 in bulk per kilo,so if your after some return for hard work make nucs and sell them as well.

over here you can buy honey for 10 euros from the door or 6 in bulk per kilo,so if your after some return for hard work make nucs and sell them as well.

We have exactly the same price level.

China rules on export markets with its volume. Is the honey from China, or where from, but China has been a big seller nation thousands of year. Try to take it easy.

Last edited:

Exactly, no beekeeper would be foolish enough to rely on honey production alone. You need to sell honey, bees and queens, or other bee products such as propolis or Royal Jelly. You have to be diverse, that way your not putting all your eggs in one basket!! CYA Cover Your Ass, have another job you can fallback on to if it all goes belly up!!

Latest posts

Back