Covid-19

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering most beekeepers in the UK are in the older "at risk" group I wonder if they will ban beekeeping meetings like spring convention to protect us from the virus?

Had a call from the mrs she had been shopping and there all out of loo roll....it appears all you need to survive the apocalypse is a well wiped arse!! I went into 3 shops before I found some at the small local chemist. I expect to see our hero’s in the next zombie apocalypse movie battling the undead for a family pack of super quilted sheets.

Had a call from the mrs she had been shopping and there all out of loo roll....it appears all you need to survive the apocalypse is a well wiped arse!! I went into 3 shops before I found some at the small local chemist. I expect to see our hero’s in the next zombie apocalypse movie battling the undead for a family pack of super quilted sheets.

I would suggest using the Daily mail as that's all it's fit for, but as someone pointed out to me this morning, it's already full of sh!t :D

It begs the question as to what people did before that they now need lessons in how to wash their hands
I was at the local bee convention last week and was amazed as I think it was the first time I'd ever had to queue in the gents!
Every old bugger singing 2 choruses of Happy Birthday rather than the usual splash under the cold tap!

I was at the local bee convention last week and was amazed as I think it was the first time I'd ever had to queue in the gents!
Every old bugger singing 2 choruses of Happy Birthday rather than the usual splash under the cold tap!

well I know where mine's been, and as I have no intention of leaving anyone else touch it, the toilet would be the least of my worries

Just come back from Lidls where I was replenishing our dwindling supplies of antiseptic agents, gin, scotch etc.
Whole aisle denuded of toilet paper in the panic buying....Guy at checkout said he'd never seen anything like it...

WHY?

Does anyone have a rational explanation, other than bog roll is cheaper than tissues...
Same happened in Oz...

Last edited:
Just come back from Lidls where I was replenishing our dwindling supplies of antiseptic agents, gin, scotch etc.
Whole aisle denuded of toilet paper in the panic buying....Guy at checkout said he'd never seen anything like it...

WHY?

Does anyone have a rational explanation, other than bog roll is cheaper than tissues...
Same happened in Oz...

The psychology of panic buying
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....r-shortages-novel-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

WHY?

Same happened in Oz...

Its a good attempt to rationalise the panic - but it doesn't make it rational. Fear is a key and when you do not have good trustworthy information all you do have is your imagination.

WHY?

Same happened in Oz...

They are full of excrement.

A wiped arse would be the least of my concerns in fairness. I did see 1 explanation, bog roll is bulky a big isle looks impressive but is actual few individual packets. It’s bulky to transport /store against higher value smaller items. Hence not massive in store stocks.

Latest posts

Back