Co-op as a bank

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
My lloyds TSB branch is one of the 600 branches transferring to the Co-op banks

any account holders of the Co-op on here, What are they like as a bank
The do nothing option of just let then transfer my account with all sort codes and account numbers appears to be the simplest

but I have been with llyods for 46 years without a problem :willy_nilly:....seems a shame to change now

any coop bank members out there

Recently moved my Business account from Natwest to the Co-Op (as opposed to being auto-moved from Natwest to Santander). I have nothing but praise for the Co-Op. Good service (so far) and when I have had a query, the staff have been extremely helpful and friendly (also easy to understand on the phone!).

Nice to get some interest on the current account too!

(also easy to understand on the phone!).

Nice to get some interest on the current account too!

Edited to remove racist remarks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slightly out of order methinks!

Co-Op Bank - Ethical, by all accounts (accounts? Geddit?)
I'd bank with them at the drop of a hat, but I'm not UK resident, so I can't.

Last edited:
Out of order....... Big time

I would go with CO-OP every time. Think they have even won awards last year for providing the best current accounts.
Also no share holders to answer to.

My FinL has been with Co-Op in excess of 60 years - thinks they are fantastic. I'm afraid he is at the age he finds foreign accents difficult to understand - so Co-Op is ideal for him.

We've three accounts with Gnat West but I've also got an account with the Co-op for any ill-gotten gains from scribbling. I've threatened to move everything over if GW phone us up one more time re: a meeting to discuss our finances. (It was on afortnightly basis until I really lost my rag with them!) Co-op are great on the ethical side of things and have good customer service ratings; I'd rather be with them but the Hairy Appendage has been with the 'other lot' for about 35 years now and he's a Taurus...

accents that defy

Didn't realise that Barclays had a call centre in Llanelli!

Been with smile for years for my perslonal slush fund savings - not had a problem yet - years ago the fishing club had an account with the Coop and had nothing but good service (it was only changed - I found out long afterwards- as the treasurer at the time needed an excuse to get rid of all the banking records, I'll say no more :D)

Something that maddens us (as a small business) is a constant stream of call centre calls from India where no doubt the people are highly qualified but partly due to long distance lines are very difficult to understand.

Some companies are taking out sourcing home for that very reason, and it is not a racist comment but a comment on the practicalities of communications.

We have closed Co-op accounts as the internet banking is a disaster.

PH

Last edited:
I have only used the Barclays Indian call centre once and I found it very difficult to understand the accent.. and frankly if I had to use it frequently I would close my account.. It was abysmal.

(In my view it's political correctness gone mad to criticise someone for speaking the truth just because the people involved are not English.)

I have banked with the co-op for many years and can say nothing negative about their service.
I have a fee free overdraft, and can access my account via the internet, as well as co-op banks, and the post office.
I also get my Gas and electricity from the co-op :)

So presumably his utterings are a load of bull.

D

He's a scientist, and as such his 'utterings' are usually far less lucid than plain old bovine excrement. Not helped that it all comes out via a large beard, which tends to muffle the sounds as well.

He can lift a full brood box though, and is pretty good with motorcycle electrics, so he has his uses.

I bank with the coop :)
No probs . Started when they were 'The handibank' inside their stores ,
Salary paid in for years . Previous bank TSB . horrendous once had £500 deposit by 'bacs ' credited as £50,000 . debited on next line ,followed by the the correct allont on the next line . Fine . Next monthly statement had a debit for £470 , unauthorised over draught !!!!!
On contacting the bank ,received all sorts of excuses for the errors (No apologies ) further more it took forever to sort it out .
This was the final straw (there had been other stupid errors), I closed my account on the spot and and opened one with the co-op immediately and it has been plain sailing ever since :)
Having said that, I'm not to sure how the acquisition of the Lloyds' set up will gel ! Will the Co-op culture improve the Lloyd branches ,or will the Lloyd branches have an adverse effect on the Co-op branches ? We shall have to wait and see :(
VM

Latest posts

Back