cheapest fondant this year

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeogi75

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15 nationals
where is the cheapest fondant this year, just looking at bako and there's is £15 anywhere cheaper

give them a call and comment on the price difference.

give them a call and comment on the price difference.

Might it have something to do with a few kgs or a few tonnes supplied?

Might it have something to do with a few kgs or a few tonnes supplied?

No, it has to do with each Bako having their own separate price structure, each region is run as a separate co-operative from the others.

Ahh, right. In that case making one's own is likely the cheapest option.

Sugar at reportedly 35p/kilo, glucose must be down in cost too?

Less than 4 quid for the sugar and no more than a quid for the glucose leaves near a tenner as the potential saving per 12.5kg - as long as time does not need to be counted. Having it already packaged as blocks is an advantage, I suppose.

RAB

Ahh, right. In that case making one's own is likely the cheapest option.

Sugar at reportedly 35p/kilo, glucose must be down in cost too?

Less than 4 quid for the sugar and no more than a quid for the glucose leaves near a tenner as the potential saving per 12.5kg - as long as time does not need to be counted. Having it already packaged as blocks is an advantage, I suppose.

RAB
Elec/Gas. Pan cleaning. Floor cleaning. Convenient packagng and most of all, keeping her indoors happy!

Elec/Gas. Pan cleaning. Floor cleaning. Convenient packagng-

Minimal outlay and dependent on amount made. Many small volume users only feed lesser amounts as emergency (OK, some just feed it anyway, often unnecessarily). Not so many use fondant as autumn feed to be taken down by the bees. And, would you believe, I've never spilt any on the floor while making fondant; sometimes making syrup and often a floor problem while extacting, yes.

keeping her indoors happy!

Impossible, unless you do it somewhere else? One suggestion might be for her to make it and you give her the savings over the materials cost?

Last time I bought fondant of Bako North West I was originally quoted over £15 a box... After speaking to a rep and opening an account it dropped to just over £11.. I ordered 15 boxes and the price included delivery

Latest posts

Back