cheap suits

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Bee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20 plus a few 14x 12s, nukes and apidea
Fragile P---nt are selling off their 10 pocket cotton suits cheaply at the moment, Christmas offer. I've had one of these and while heavier and hotter than my BB its a good quality suit for a spare or occasional visitor. Bargain.

Thanks bobby bee, tips like this are worth shaing

Had a quick look and seemed tad expensive to me :)

Personally I got one from buzz beekeeping, very well made and since buying them she's improved on it several times considerably cheaper than fragile planet one's too.

The Fr***** Pl**** web site is so out of date that I would probably think twice about using it. I'm sure a newer site is in the pipeline?

My F P suit lasted less than 6 months before... the pollymesh in the hood split, the hood zip broke and then the front zip disintegrated.
Cotton mesh ( black insect netting) has been sewn on, zips replaced with ones fit for purpose... was not at all a cheap suit !

I keep looking for an affordable good quality full suit... any suggestions?

My F P suit lasted less than 6 months before... the pollymesh in the hood split, the hood zip broke and then the front zip disintegrated.
Cotton mesh ( black insect netting) has been sewn on, zips replaced with ones fit for purpose... was not at all a cheap suit !

I keep looking for an affordable good quality full suit... any suggestions?

Ok I did say for a 'spare or occasional use' at £25.00 it is an exceptionally good price, there's far worse on ebay for more money.

A full suit for regular use and 'affordable' are all a bit vague but the bb suits are marginally cheaper that than the sh-rf ones and exactly the same quality and after sales support.

Ok I did say for a 'spare or occasional use' at £25.00 it is an exceptionally good price, there's far worse on ebay for more money.

A full suit for regular use and 'affordable' are all a bit vague but the bb suits are marginally cheaper that than the sh-rf ones and exactly the same quality and after sales support.

Good look finding that deal on their website as I couldnt find it =).

Had a quick look and seemed tad expensive to me :)

Personally I got one from buzz beekeeping, very well made and since buying them she's improved on it several times considerably cheaper than fragile planet one's too.

£25 at FP £45 at buzz = buzz suit is almost twice the price

or ebay item 350637085526 if the link doesnt work.

Last edited by a moderator:
This reminds me of Nanette Newman explaining why Fairy Liquid was better value than everything else even though it was more expensive.

I think you generally get what you pay for with bee suits. I use BB. I had 2 of them that lasted me the best part of 10 years fairly constant use before anything started coming adrift. Even now they could be repaired but I got some new ones this year.

This reminds me of Nanette Newman explaining why Fairy Liquid was better value than everything else even though it was more expensive.

I think you generally get what you pay for with bee suits. I use BB. I had 2 of them that lasted me the best part of 10 years fairly constant use before anything started coming adrift. Even now they could be repaired but I got some new ones this year.

Mother-in-Laws saying: "Never skimp on pans and beds". Since neither pillows nor food can attack you at will... I think we can extend that to "and bee suits...":leaving:

Latest posts

Back