car insurance

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete, have you tried Marks and Sparks? We are with them for both our cars, I always shop around at renewal time and have found them the best for the last two years.
By the way, what car have you got?:auto:
FB

I passed my driving test in Febuary, went to get a quote on a Vauxhall Corsa which was under 1L and it came back as being £4923!!!
All because I had just passed my test and am a boy...they think I am going to be a boy racer!!!
Currently waiting until my 18th birthday because it is meant to come down a bit when your 18.

Michael

It will come down a bit in the new year Michael....subsidised in part by my three eldest daughters currently 21, 19 and 17 who will be paying the same rates as the boy racers (and you) due to the changes in the law. We can't afford to subsidise their driving. They go to uni (which I do subsidise), they get a job to pay for lessons etc, then when they graduate they will (hopefully) be able to afford to drive when they get a job....though I have reminded them that if they live in town it'll be cheaper to use public transport and hire a car occasionally. More and more uninsured drivers or third party only, more and more cars without a valid MOT....urghhh.

who wants a laugh!!

aviva insurance quote that was £1050 HAS 12 WEEK FREE so thats £1050 for 9 months insurance!!

even better was saga insurance £875 and that was with 60% discount plus and extra 10 % as new customers, so thats £875 for 30 % of the insurance costs,

does anyone out there know a decent insurance rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon they just have a sheet full of numbers and stick a pin in it!

I reckon they just have a sheet full of numbers and stick a pin in it!

I found an interesting thing with Swinton...

when it give you the fianl price... if there is an option there for looking at other quotes,, click on that.... have a laugh and then go back a page and sometimes you will find your quote is lower.......... not promising tho....

oh.... and be prepared for annoying phone calls from them after your household insurance

all insurance will be going up this year, ain't you seen what's been happening in australia, new zealand, japan, .....

there's only 3 or 4 insurance companies in the world, the rest are all brokers!

HP, do you use the car for work or have a shedload of endorsements?

This appears to be a classic case of the squeezed middle classes, for middle classes read 'decent people' not rich but honest.
I suspect HP is in a post code area which has a lot of crime and uninsured cars, the insurance companies can only get money out of 'decent people' to cover their costs and make a profit!
Makes you wonder if a phantom move to a cheaper area of a relative would bring the premium down.
Where this would be I would not know, I live in Hampshire and took early retirement with one of the largest UK Insurance companies, I had one of my cars with them on staff discount and they put my premium up 50% even though I am staff pensioner, they could not care less!

When my car insurance came up for renewal from saga they quoted me a 50% increase on the year before. When I did a compare search I found they were offering the same insurance 70% cheaper online. I phoned to ask if I took out this insurance (obviously meant for new customers) would it be valid and was told yes but I would lose my NCD that I had built up that year. I explained that I already had the maximum NCD they allow and which they had accepted from my previous insurers the year before.
The girl on the phone said that of course I was free to make my own decision but to remember about the NCD...........too right!!!! They ARE mad! My premium is now less than last year.

Mine has shot up as well. It's to do with post code and a certain group of people running into each other so they can make draw some money out of the system. In the local paper last week a young lad caused an accident. He drove past a car that was in friont of him, waiting at a junction, and ran into another car. 2 cars damaged, 4 people injured. He had no insurance and was given £100 fine and points on licence. Just shows how cheap insurance can be if the face fits.:cuss:

Have you looked at NFU?? Not just for farmers you know!! husband and myself both with them and year on year we have great deals. my c15 van only cost a couple of hundred, his peugot 407 was a little more. Ok so we are getting older and both have no claims, but my mum is a very oldie and her insurance with them was cheaper than saga or post office

i have just got off the phone to a broker and the answer to my hassle is that i am in a high risk post code, he did say that his firm themselves would not even bother to stick my postcode into his computer because there underwriters will refuse to insure on them.

i have two options now either move house, physical or just paper work wise?????

or pay a grand to insure the car

option three is to drive with no insurance. not a good option when you need to drive for work realy.

the thing is i am not to happy about moving back home to mummy's after all these years away, come to think of it mummy wont be happy either. i see a postal redirection going on soon.

I just about can afford £100 pcm for the car insurance but what about next years.

the thing is i am not to happy about moving back home to mummy's after all these years away, come to think of it mummy wont be happy either. i see a postal redirection going on soon.

Does Mum drive?

Latest posts

Back