can someone please check my beecam is working

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickbowyer

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Some hives and a few nucs
I think I have set up my beecam successfully but can't access it from my own network as my router does not support loopback. Can someone please let me know if it is up and running at http://streetend.dyndns.org user visitor password bees. Also is the video reasonably smooth?

Last edited:
Sorry it wanted to download an add on or something to my computer and I don’t trust them.

I'm using Safari (on PPC :rolleyes:), not IE (so not ActiveX).

I get to a second login (a dialog box) using bees/bees it replies with this text -

"The user name or password you entered for area “ipcamera_000DC5D3EE31” on streetend.dyndns.org was incorrect. Make sure you’re entering them correctly, and then try again."

Using the IE login, I get to a screen with various controls/selections on the left and a black panel where I suppose a (640x480?) camera screen would display.

Hope that helps

Tried various combinations of buttons, can only get a black blank screen.

OK

using visitor/bees (twice) I am in! (Non ActiveX)

/ I also clicked "live video" of the buttons to the left of the screen

pic of hive entrance ... hive to the left 2 maybe three hives in the background

Last edited:
That's great Dick.
Please let me know where you got your Beecam, how much etc.. and was it difficult to set up?

Bees quite active.
Picture refreshes about 1x per second. Freezes bees nicely in mid air.

I may also have access to the device settings... :eek:

Be careful ITMA, each time you try to change settings you have to log on again, and again, and again.
I think it is great.

I may also have access to the device settings...

ITMA

Logged in as a visitor, I can attempt to edit or see device management but nothing happens as just requests username/password. Can you see any of the settings?

Keith, just keep trying to log on and try different ways, I got there eventually, but didn't log the way to do it!!!!

Logged in quickly here, Chromium on Xubuntu. Getting about 3 frames per second. Nice one :)

Wow, looks great; how much does it cost to set one up and what other equipment is required?

Latest posts

Back