can someone please check my beecam is working

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Works for me on both Safari and Firefox on a Mac

You need to select the non-IE login button and re-enter userid & pword
(this isn't totally intuitive but does work - plus obviously isn't your fault !!).

Can't get it to work on my iPad. Just the good old black square!

Ace, really clear. Thank you! When are we going to be able to watch an inspection?

E1M

Please let me know where you got your Beecam, how much etc.. and was it difficult to set up?

Bought FOSCAM Outdoor IP Camera FI8903W off Amazon.
Connected wirelessly to home router as per instructions that come with camera.

Difficult bit is setting your router to allow access from the internet. I gave the camera a fixed ip address e.g 192.168.0.125 with port e.g 80 and then set router settings to open that port and have all internet requests on port 80 to be routed to the camera local ip address e.g 192.168.0.125. Check port is open using this web site http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

Finally as your external ip address will change everytime the router is switched on and off, I registered for free with dyndns.org http://dyn.com/ under their hostservices for a host name e.g. blogs.dyndns.org. Many routers allow you to put in your dyndns details so that the router "tells" dyndns what the new external ip address is so when people enter http://blogs.dyndns.org it translates to your external ip address e.g 81.132.55.134

Simpulls er not.

Sorry if your are using IE it will want to you to allow activex and download controls

Very nice thank you why is it time lapsed though.
I have one on mine and works seemless. I also put one inside waiting for a queen cell to hatch bit I didn't count on the fact they would cluster around it so I didn't see the happy event but still very interesting

I'm on Firefox and i got in straight away! Excellent camera, my PC is a little slow so its not an overly active picture but its got excellent resolution.

Ive left it on as there isnt much activity (to be expected) at this time.

Nice work!

Works on mine. Used the lower login button and re-entered login and password.

Works on mine with firefox.
magic a few bees still wandering about

It's working for me too. Have you got a light on the entrance or is it infrared? I was surprised to see a few bees wandering about on the landing board at 23:30.

no nothing, black with tiny red cross! Would love to see it.

It didnt' work on my ipad but I didn't expect it to!
This morning on my proper computer though it works fine!

I want one! :)

:hurray: got it going, great clear pics but at 2 sec time lapse which spoils it slightly, great to see though, welll done.

Works well with Linux/Chrome. Any attempt to alter contrast/brightness etc. puts password dialog into loop.

P F

Works well with Linux/Chrome. Any attempt to alter contrast/brightness etc. puts password dialog into loop.

P F

No prob with that ,simply click on cancel and your action will occur anyway :)
VM

fab, works on FF here, frame rate a bit slow, but good clarity

Latest posts

Back