Can sell like this?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WelshPaul

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Seen this today, I think it's got to be left over from last year.

ttp://bit.ly/1108sjA

No!
However the Milner jar must be worth a couple of bob?
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like naturally crystallised honey way cheaper than most people who sell honey on this forum.

Sorry just add why not

Last edited:
Looks like naturally crystallised honey way cheaper than most people who sell honey on this forum.

Sorry just add why not

As it will be large crystals , lets hope it is not fermenting...though storing below 12c shouldn't be a problem this year

If I have one concern Geoff is the air gap otherwise if I spotted it elsewhere I would be tempted if only to reuse the jar later.

Con grats on the exams

Quality HAMPSHIRE Honey there is hope for me yet:laughing-smiley-004

hazy memories but post war kilner jars looked like that - tho' the rubber had a knackered brownish colour

My grandmother used that kind of jar for preserving (using sugar from the bees' ration book!) and she always called them Kilners, although I agree the ones with glass tops and metal screw rims were the originals (as invented by Jeremy Clarkson's great grandfather I believe)

They were originally made in the early 1840's, and there are many different types, including plain twist top jars, if they are sold/made by the Kilner company they are kilner jars, no matter what shape or design.

There are other types of jar that are very similar, one example is the Mason jar,which also has many different designs and changes over the years, but it is not a kilner jar.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=m...son-jars-invitation-join-alice-com%2F;500;550

The Mason jar is only used for Mason bee honey, though
:biggrinjester:

Back