Can I ask a huge favour?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you to all those of you who contributed.
I have attached a pdf of the results in case anyone is interested.

Attachments

• honey and antibacterial_Report (2).doc.pdf
    513.7 KB · Views: 37
Its data but what what does it mean?

Its data but what what does it mean?

It's for a university access course he's just finished. This was an assignment he'd forgotten about.
The purpose of the survey was to establish peoples knowledge and beliefs about the medicinal properties of honey. He has done some experiments showing the zone of inhibition in bacterial growth around wells of honey to contrast with what people believed.
I know this is not exactly a representative sample of the general population (i.e. the knowledge here would be higher), but, he needed it quickly.
Once again, thank you all.

Good on him ( and you for helping him out) , but as you say the results will be skewed by asking beekeepers to reply.
Not great that he left it to the last minute, but hopefully he will be accepted into university, where he may be taught ( times have probably changed since my university days), how to study.

Last edited:
Good on him ( and you for helping him out) , but as you say the results will be skewed by asking beekeepers to reply.
Not great that he left it to the last minute, but hopefully he will be accepted into university, where he may be taught ( times have probably changed since my university days), how to study.
You can only try. However often you repeat,"Think what you need and how you will analyse it before collecting data", I've lost count of the number of final year dissertation students who arrive with sacks full of data and then expect me to find a way of using it.

The questionnaire concentrated on how and when people used the honey etc. for medicinal purposes. It would have been a little more rounded if there were questions asking how regularly people used honey and the other substances as a normal food source. After all maybe the reason we don't take it as a medicine is because we eat it every day/week/whatever anyway and it keeps us healthy.

Still, well done your lad for making the questionnaire and for compiling the results in an easy to read format.

The questionnaire concentrated on how and when people used the honey etc. for medicinal purposes. It would have been a little more rounded if there were questions asking how regularly people used honey and the other substances as a normal food source. After all maybe the reason we don't take it as a medicine is because we eat it every day/week/whatever anyway and it keeps us healthy.

Still, well done your lad for making the questionnaire and for compiling the results in an easy to read format.

I think there's a lot of things he could have done. The difficulty was keeping him constrained within the overall scope of what he was interested in. I think a lot of people his age find it difficult knowing when to stop and not to stray too far off spec.
It's done now. He passed that assignment.
Thanks to all who contributed.
There were some very interesting answers - more diverse views than I would have thought.

Latest posts

Back