trick of the week: beebeeka opens hives :)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you appear to be worrying about moisture on your crownboards and mis-analysing this as something the bees are concerned about. It looks from the photos that the hives that have most moisture showing on the plywood have signs of moisture ingress around the edges ?

There is a flaw in your hive construction .. I think what you should have done is put some tape over the joint between your 'crownboard' and the rest of the hive - or have an insulated roof that extends down the sides of the hive to a point well below the join where there appears to be water getting in.

You appear to be reluctant to accept any constructive advice offered so ... they are your bees ... do what you will but keep it to yourself ...

I think you appear to be worrying about moisture on your crownboards and mis-analysing this as something the bees are concerned about. It looks from the photos that the hives that have most moisture showing on the plywood have signs of moisture ingress around the edges ?

There is a flaw in your hive construction .. I think what you should have done is put some tape over the joint between your 'crownboard' and the rest of the hive - or have an insulated roof that extends down the sides of the hive to a point well below the join where there appears to be water getting in.

You appear to be reluctant to accept any constructive advice offered so ... they are your bees ... do what you will but keep it to yourself ...
Do you have me on ignore. ?

Ok. It`s obvious that many do not simply take an effort to read my post with an attention to details. I know, my texts are not easy to understand as English is not my native language. And actually, one of the purposes why I type them is to improve my skills in it ;) … Looking at some posts of others foreigners… probably not the best way of doing it :)
Anyway, while I `ll do my best to improve my writing skills, some of you should definitely improve the reading once :)
I take a break, see you tomorrow… may be :)

Ok. It`s obvious that many do not simply take an effort to read my post with an attention to details. I know, my texts are not easy to understand as English is not my native language. And actually, one of the purposes why I type them is to improve my skills in it ;) … Looking at some posts of others foreigners… probably not the best way of doing it :)
Anyway, while I `ll do my best to improve my writing skills, some of you should definitely improve the reading once :)
I take a break, see you tomorrow… may be :)

No ... all seems perfectly understandable and if English is not your first language then you do very well. It's not the grammar or the spelling that is being questioned ... it's what on earth you are thinking about opening up your bees in the middle of winter ... in 7 degree temperatures ??? The lowest I would, normally, consider is when the temps get, consistently, to somewhere around 15 degrees. There's a long way to go yet .... we are still in mid-winter as far as I'm concerned.

Of course not ... I find some of your posts quite amusing, if occasionally completely off the wall ... and you have offered some brilliant advice on rat catching which I much appreciate.

Me too.... bloody rats!!:icon_204-2:

I put one forumess on ignore, but after reading so many obviously tongue in cheek replies to her expertise and beeminding capabilities, just had to look at her prolific postings!

Poor Sue, she took such offense from one of tractormans comments she binned her computer, trashed her modem and after building a rudimentary toilet in the wild woods of the frozen norf took up spoon whittling... and has never been seen again!:icon_204-2:

What ever happened to the "Rate Thread" button???

Nos da

all seems perfectly understandable and if English is not your first language then you do very well. It's not the grammar or the spelling that is being questioned ... it's what on earth you are thinking about opening up your bees in the middle of winter ... in 7 degree temperatures ???

:iagree::iagree:

What word comes to mind about both the thread and the originator? Any suggestions? Mine begins with an 'i' and ends with a 't'. Anyone who does this sort of thing 'just because he could' is unworthy of the term 'beekeeper'. Simply has no credence whatsoever with any experienced beekeeper, and not from the vast majority of basic beginners, one would hope.

Send him away and ignore him, I say. No more comment required from me, and none coming on this rediculous charade of beekeeping incompetence.

Last edited:
What word comes to mind about both the thread and the originator? Any suggestions? Mine begins with an 'i' and ends with a 't'. Anyone who does this sort of thing 'just because he could' is not worthy of the term 'beekeeper'. Simply has no credence whatsoever with any experienced beekeeper, and not from the vast majority of basic beginners, one would hope.

Send him away and ignore him, I say. No more comment required from me, and none coming on this rediculous charade of beekeeping incompetence.

We were waiting for your gentle touch RAB and you have not disappointed !!not worthynot worthy

What word comes to mind about both the thread and the originator? Any suggestions? Mine begins with an 'i' and ends with a 't'. Anyone who does this sort of thing 'just because he could' is unworthy of the term 'beekeeper'. Simply has no credence whatsoever with any experienced beekeeper, and not from the vast majority of basic beginners, one would hope.

Where's the 'like' button when you need it!! :willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

not worthynot worthynot worthy
Perhaps we could all put him on ignore :)

Latest posts

Back