Weak Queenless Hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I wasn’t clear. It’s not an issue with the weather but I assume there isn’t any brood to look at in the hive in question? Have I misunderstood?
We don't know ... all we have is the original post - but it makes no difference if there is or isn't any brood in there .. if the doom mongers are to be believed there will either be brood in there that is affected by goodness only knows what sort of disease or there will be the remains of dead brood affected by disease.

I think the likelihood is that there will be no brood, just a colony of queenless bees looking to end their days aimlessly collecting stores to keep them going until they expire ... if the varroa is sorted and there is no evidence of disease - might as well have them working for a colony that is going to survive. Otherwise .. might as well kill them and put the hive in store after treating for wax moth... or as some suggest burn one of the most valuable assets you can have as a beekeeper - drawn brood frames !

Latest posts

Back