Bookers sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
50+
Bought sugar today from Bookers, if you buy 2x25kg it’s £28.Seems a reasonable price to me, especially as I need a lot of bags.
S

Been buying it for £10.20 per 25kg bag with a further 2% off for quick payment, plus free delivery.

Been buying it for £10.20 per 25kg bag with a further 2% off for quick payment, plus free delivery.

I am sure you can get cheaper if you buy by the ton, just wanted to give heads up to anyone buying at a reduced level
S

I am sure you can get cheaper if you buy by the ton, just wanted to give heads up to anyone buying at a reduced level
S

No, does not have to be bought by the ton for that price, it is per 25kg bag, but I do usually buy by the ton at this time of year.

Morrison's £1.10 for 2 kilos - works out at £27.50 for 50kg
- appreciate it's more effort for those making large quantities but for those with fewer hives and/or less muscle and/or more time, possibly a good option.

Popped in to Costco yesterday:

5kg bags were £2.49 (12.50/25kg)

1kg and 25kg bags were a little more expensive but not drastically (2-3p per 100g).

Wife bought loads other other bits though, so I really paid a lot for the sugar!

50p per kg Home Bargains
Farmfoods 2kg for £1.

Spoiled for choice..

Bought sugar today from Bookers, if you buy 2x25kg it’s £28.Seems a reasonable price to me, especially as I need a lot of bags.
S

That's only £3 cheaper than buying the same amount in 5kg bags from ASDA.

That's only £3 cheaper than buying the same amount in 5kg bags from ASDA.

If you only need a couple of bags fine but it’s a good saving to me and also saves me the hassle of carrying 50 , 5kg bags out of ASDA!
S

Mr Mrs picks me up a few bags every week when she does her weekly shop. I stack them in one of my sheds until I need them. Two or three bags a week for 52 weeks soon ads up, and it doesn't seem to cost as much doing it that way ;)

Last time I bought sugar from bookers it was cheaper to buy 1kg probably a supply and demand thing

50p per kg Home Bargains
Farmfoods 2kg for £1.

Spoiled for choice..

I have a Farm foods store just around the corner and i have been buying 12 x 1kg bags every Friday for the past several weeks at 50p a Kilo.. 12kg does not snap the handles on the carrier bag for life and it sharp mounts up..

Latest posts

Back