BIAS acronym

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has no-one thought to look in the 'sticky threads' area for help?

it's been on the forum for years, and it's not even hidden away!

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=272

To be fair, I knew the TLA's were in there somewhere, having pored over the forum before daring to post. I thought it may have been under FAQ. Bizarrely (for me at least), they didn't stand out on the 'stickies' thread... And of course, to sympathise a little further, you can't search on 3 characters or less :willy_nilly:

And perhaps more importantly, why does PH keep writing Lots of Love (Lol) on this thread????? :D

Because unlike the political journos I knows it has more than one meaning...

One that did stump me years ago was this:

NAK (I think as I say it was years ago pre voice chat or IM for that matter)

Nursing at keyboard!

PH

A bit of a long process though looking for them, put your self in new forum members shoes you must agree that it's a bit off putting but will agree you do get a sense of satisfaction when you eventually find it and you will never forget it

I did a search and didn't get that thread in results so asked the question.

Personally I don't have a probem with threads resurrecting questions that were answered yrs or months ago, new members can give diff answers.

did i say this would prob be a short thread :rolleyes:

in fact just read that thread and a search for BIAS wouldn't find it because the post explaining it has it has B.I.A.S. - dots in acronyms :rolleyes:

added new post #39 without dots :)

edit: it's second in list now if you search for BIAS, this thread is #1

in fact just read that thread and a search for BIAS wouldn't find it because the post explaining it has it has B.I.A.S. - dots in acronyms :rolleyes:

added new post #39 without dots :)

edit: it's second in list now if you search for BIAS, this thread is #1

"Told off" - really? - I thought most of us were just mocking mercilessly ;)

(Ticks off another on post count.....:leaving:)

But on a serious note - don't you think the 'leaving' smiley goes the wrong way ? :rofl:

Short-hand, stenography, speed writing (all deadly accurate where they're used)

Makes life quicker, simpler and easier to communicate as abbreviations, like sign language are quickly learned.

Don't think I've seen a typo ref Q+ Q- use left hand to shift + Plus and no shift for - minus - reasonably developed brain will pick that up quickly.

Newbees are always pleased to discover how simply the acronyms are unravelled and feel pleased to recognise them in future communications.

This is good, because it makes Newbees feel included as if they have earned the right of passage.

The MOD has 3000+ (shift plus +) acronyms - no definitely keep acronyms :)

:iagree:....worryingly:willy_nilly:

But on a serious note - don't you think the 'leaving' smiley goes the wrong way ? :rofl:

YES. Never mind all this trivial stuff about gaps in CBs let's get the smilies sorted :conehead::willy_nilly: :D

:leaving-smilie: Agree about the leaving smilie - you should put it in FIRST ...how do you do that?

Personally I don't have a probem with threads resurrecting questions that were answered yrs or months ago, new members can give diff answers.

I agree, keeps the site as a forum, rather than a library.

bысmrая pаскpутка сайта

cyyy ru/]
продbижение сайта, SEO

Short-hand, stenography, speed writing (all deadly accurate where they're used)

Makes life quicker, simpler and easier to communicate as abbreviations, like sign language are quickly learned.

Don't think I've seen a typo ref Q+ Q- use left hand to shift + Plus and no shift for - minus - reasonably developed brain will pick that up quickly.

Newbees are always pleased to discover how simply the acronyms are unravelled and feel pleased to recognise them in future communications.

This is good, because it makes Newbees feel included as if they have earned the right of passage.

The MOD has 3000+ (shift plus +) acronyms - no definitely keep acronyms :)

.. so what does BBG stand for ?

She's banned so we'll never know!

Latest posts

Back