Bfa

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iann41

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
quite a lot now
hello all

When joining the Bee Farmers Association, when does the annual subscription start. Is it a set date on the calendar or from when a application is accepted. How much is it now-a-days, BTW.

P.s. would i need a sponsor?

Email or phone Alex Ellis - details on website - he's very helpful.

He'll be able to give you the right answers but briefly from memory:

Current membership is £200 per year; renewal is in January, not sure what happens if you join halfway through the year; don't think you need a sponsor.

The first year I applied was around this time of year, so it ran from the January. There's various pieces of evidence you can use - you'll be provided with a list - so a sponsor is one, but there's so many others it shouldn't be particularly hard to add to the application.

Membership is from January 1st to December 31st, BFA, insurance runs from March to March.
If you join halfway through a year you get a 50% discount.
You will need a sponsor , i would suggest having a look at the membership page to make sure you are eligible to join but if in doubt Alex, will I am sure send all the info you need.
S

Last edited:
Email or phone Alex Ellis - details on website - he's very helpful.

He'll be able to give you the right answers but briefly from memory:

Current membership is £200 per year; renewal is in January, not sure what happens if you join halfway through the year; don't think you need a sponsor.

If you join after June you can pay a half year membership, join before June and you have to pay the full year - the more evidence you have to support your application the better - you don't necessarily need a sponsor, but it helps if you do.
Contact Alex on [email protected]

Back