Bees indoors

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
1-2
Apropos of nothing...

I have had quite a few bees indoors over the past couple of evenings.
Just been settling down for the evening heavily into dusk if not outright dark and then Bzzzzzzzz a lone bee flying round a light fitting.
Never had it happen before but it has happened for the past few nights.

Wots going on?

My hives are in the garden so although not a given they are probably my bees - presumably getting lost when getting home late after a hard day.
Obviously its been pretty hot over the past few days so windows/doors have been open which might provide a partial explanation re frequency but I justr wondered.....

Because it is warm in the evening they are sitting about on the doorstep and not all tucked away in bed. They have a fly around, get attracted by the light and if they get too close they cook themselves....

rather like bored teenagers with a bottle of cider..

Hi there,
I often find that popping out for a quick look at the hives I have a 'sleepy' bee on my trouser legg or elsewhere.

Check to make sure you have no swarm in your chimney or roof space!!

bees indoors

Apropos of nothing...

I have had quite a few bees indoors over the past couple of evenings.
Just been settling down for the evening heavily into dusk if not outright dark and then Bzzzzzzzz a lone bee flying round a light fitting.
Never had it happen before but it has happened for the past few nights.

Wots going on?

My hives are in the garden so although not a given they are probably my bees - presumably getting lost when getting home late after a hard day.
Obviously its been pretty hot over the past few days so windows/doors have been open which might provide a partial explanation re frequency but I justr wondered.....

just called in for a night cap??:rolleyes:

COME ON PEOPLE, IT'S OBVIOUS. THEY ARE.......................................................................................................................................................HOUSE BEES:redface:

COME ON PEOPLE, IT'S OBVIOUS. THEY ARE.......................................................................................................................................................HOUSE BEES:redface:

Shall I get your coat for you?
:D

Looking for water?

Got any beekeeping stuff stored indoors?

Makes you awfully attractive to bees .... :cool:

Hi Everybody,
I'm nuub here I'v had some bees for a month now
so i don't have any sensible answers to beekeeping questions,
but on this occasion something springs to mind!
Is your house less than 100 yards from your bees?
Have the bees found a food source within 100 yards of their hive?
According to Hooper the bees messaging dance-algorithm doesn't
specify a direction for food less than 100yards from the hive, I
assume they therefore search everywhere including your house.
Could that be it?
Cheers Tony.

Welcome to the forum, wheeler...but shouldn't that be "dance-algorhythm?"

:biggrinjester:

Welcome Wheeler,

Hope you enjoy the Forum.

Just ignore Luminos. Living in the back of beyond in France has unhinged her mind. We act as a sort of support group.

Dusty.

You've let me down badly, D.R.
You promised you wouldn't tell anyone

Have the bees found a food source within 100 yards of their hive?
According to Hooper the bees messaging dance-algorithm doesn't
specify a direction for food less than 100yards from the hive

I (mainly) trust Hooper but this sounds a load of bollocks to me. I split honey on a floor mat and both it and a towel were placed on the lawn maybe 15 feet from the hives. The bees cleared up the honey, we never saw any flying around in circles trying to find the source. Similarly left a car door open for them to clean up a small spill, maybe 20 yards from a hive. They just found it, cleaned it up and went back to the hive.

Do you mean forage?
My hives are about 40 metres away from my house and the bees forage within this area.
They also collect water from three sources within that area.

Latest posts

Back