Bees in the Telegraph

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
A bit in the Telegraph on bees today - written by Charlie Dymocks 'How to keep bees'
Bit of a strange article really, seems to imply that after you buy a hive - all you need is a queen! And although it tells you to contact your local BKA, again it implies you just have to 'jump in and actually do it'.
Not what I'd expect from the Telegraph really

Jump in

Hi

I jumped in and never regretted it....but the part I think should have been included was about wearing a full bee suit etc.....about the reasons why we take that action, and the implications for not doing that.

roy

A bit in the Telegraph on bees today - written by Charlie Dymocks 'How to keep bees'
Bit of a strange article really, seems to imply that after you buy a hive - all you need is a queen! And although it tells you to contact your local BKA, again it implies you just have to 'jump in and actually do it'.
Not what I'd expect from the Telegraph really

Simples. Ed you kated by James the Novice. Skipping off into the sunset at the end of their dvd...:biggrinjester:

Charlie is ok, but just a tv presenter. Bees are very fashionable just now, she is just exploiting it.

Yes a good one, from the book of Tate and lyle if I'm not mistaken.

"Not what I'd expect from the Telegraph really" - oh I don't know - these days it's as laughably bad as the appalling Daily Fail - any paper that employs that absurd buffoon James Delingpole is not to be taken at all seriously........

Latest posts

Back