Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

MrB 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
My next door neighbours have recently come back from a 3 day coach trip which included a day at Buckfast abbey.
they were kind enough to bring me a book back, "Breeding the honeybe" by brother adam. a very interesting book, and perfect neighbours for the bee's! :)

MuswellMetro 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
My next door neighbours have recently come back from a 3 day coach trip which included a day at Buckfast abbey.
they were kind enough to bring me a book back, "Breeding the honeybe" by brother adam. a very interesting book, and perfect neighbours for the bee's! :)
oh to have nice neighbours

The only thing i have received from one of my neighbours is a Solictors letter saying that the woman who lived there was alergic to bee stings and i must get rid of my bees as she had been stung by my bees and ended up in hospital

I only stored empty supers in the garden and the reason i dont keep bees at home is there are three beekeepers within one hundred yards and it poor forage ( large golf course nearbye)

The solictor actually visited me and asked to see if my boxes were all empty ( luckly not wet supers:biggrinjester:) but i know they are now trying to find out all the local beekeepers and have sent a letter to the beekeeper on the allotement where i used to keep mine,and have forced the allotment assocation to say they will only allow two beehives on a 4 acre site

Rather OTT approach but then they are Bankers and have a 09 reg 110 defender landrover ( no mud for miles ) and 10 reg Audi quattro,

must stop splashing lemon grass oil over their fence though, :blush5:

madasafish 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
6 to 8 Langstroth jumbos, a few Langstroth and National nucs.
MW

Your response whould be you are allergic to Bankers and send a solicitor's letter asking them to move 3 miles away....

Queens59 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
5...2 wooden National, 2 poly Nat & 1 poly nuc...bursting at the seams
MM - I'd love to know how the solicitor is going to serve papers on all the feral colonies in your area!!

Queens59 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
5...2 wooden National, 2 poly Nat & 1 poly nuc...bursting at the seams
Lovely - I'll go to the agents for you!!

Latest posts