Beekeeping - a Practical Guide, Patterson, Roger

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic Rhodes

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
About 30 and in every shape and material but changing number daily!!
This is recently out, has anyone seen it yet?

i understand the matchstick quote but the wire coathangers? thats over my head.

but the wire coathangers? thats over my head.

Maybe you need dowsing with cold water? It's a clue!

from the amazon previews it looks quite basic and sparse in text - ok for the current offer price.

presume the forthcoming supplement with all the apiary rules weighs in a 500+ pages of closely spaced small font text!!!!

"This is recently out"

yesterday! surely no-one paid for next day delivery!

It has been up on ebay all this week, I wondered if anyone had seen a copy in advance, was reviewing it, given a copy to promore etc. Seems the comments are more in the same line as my brief dealing with the author :(

My friend has a copy and says it looks like he has just sat at his computer copying the content of internet beekeeping forums.

My copy arrived today and I was very pleasantly surprised by the writing style and insight displayed and whilst some of the Wisborough Green BKA methods were promoted, it was all done in an even handed way. It is neither a novice's book nor for the advanced but would be appropriately read by the new beekeeper after reading such things as Bees at the bottom of the Garden, The "Complete" book of beekeeping by Jeremy Evans or similar Ron Brown book before moving on to Hoopers. It has the feel of an ad hoc talk rather than anything copied off any other books or the internet.

Last edited:
book

Im halfway through reading it.

Interesting book full of useful tips from someone whos been keeping bees for years. Thought provocing and sometimes controversial, for example his recommendation in using castleations in the brood box.

Recommended especially as it only about £4 on Amazon.

Just put an order in at but £4 I'm not expecting a lot, worse case I can Mark it up and sell it on feabay :rofl:

Latest posts

Back