Bee supplies in Kent or Surrey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a100sam

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Dear all,

I urgently need to buy a National hive, already made-up. Can anyone suggest somewhere in Kent or Surrey I could buy one complete? I work in Bexley in Kent and I need to buy one tomorrow morning en-route to work. I live in Buckinghamshire and travel along the M25.

Cheers

Sam

Could try East Surrey Bees in Whyteleafe. Google it they have a web site.
Just curious, but why the rush?

Dear all,

I urgently need to buy a National hive, already made-up. Can anyone suggest somewhere in Kent or Surrey I could buy one complete? I work in Bexley in Kent and I need to buy one tomorrow morning en-route to work. I live in Buckinghamshire and travel along the M25.

Cheers

Sam

Park beekeeping in blackheath. Only 20-30 mins away from Bexley. I live in bexleyheath so you work just round corner.

Park in Blackheath offer a readymade option. (I think they are Maisemores, from the wooden 'rails'.)

But Paynes polys are readymade, and can usually offer next-day delivery.

I have a hive in a school I work in. I was called by my site manager who said "your bees have escaped and are hanging from a tree". Why is it that now I have a hive in the field in a 33acre site any bees that appear in the vicinity must be mine? Lol!!! As the swarm was low hanging and causing havoc with my primary school aged kids I lopped off the branch into a box, but the only spare hive I had is a nuc box, which isn't big enough! I put in a couple of frames of brood and some fresh comb and hoped for the best. So my plan is to re-hive them into a full national before they decide to swarm again.

Not even any spare supers and ekes you can cobble together to be tall enough?
A floor is optional, as long as there is an entrance, and a roof can be anything - plastic sheeting or even just an opened-out binbag.

Anyway, I suspect that if they stay 24 hours in the nuc, they'll stay longer. Brood should help to anchor them, but feeding can simply refuel them for absconding.

Park in Blackheath offer a readymade option. (I think they are Maisemores, from the wooden 'rails'.)

But Paynes polys are readymade, and can usually offer next-day delivery.

Yes they are maisemore hives. They also have poly's too.

Latest posts

Back