Bee keeping- can you make a profit?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chinese bugs

pollutants are also an issue but was referring to AFB spores and botulism.

yes point 3 was TIC - we're all oddballs.

i'm sure the public are glad that we spend our weekends up at the apiary or in a shed screening single bees for varroa mites rather than fighting on the streets.

how lovely it is to have local honey, as it is much better for you. Where on earth did they get that from

It goes back to what I said earlier about a report some time back that honey is good for you, but your local honey is better...... hayfever..

Thankyou Google:-

Why local honey?

It is usually recommended to use local honey that has been produced as naturally as possible and is preferably still in the comb. 'Local' honey means honey made by bees kept near to where the sufferer lives or works. This is because the allergy may be to specific pollen, from plants growing in a particular area. If the honey contains minute quantities of that pollen, then eating the honey little and often may help to desensitise the body.

Dishmop - the google quote..'this is because the allergy may be to specific pollen' what a disclaimer...may be !!...may help desensitise...again no firm conclusive facts!

To be a devil's advocate...is there conclusive proof that chinese honey has more botulism in it than our own ? Evidence ?? Also, I wasn't aware that AFB spores were toxic or harmful to humans, after all it is this species I refer to that buys the honey ! I understand the link between infants consuming honey and botulism infection, but I also understand it is mightily rare in the West, even if our £1 stores are flooded with cheap Asian honey...

Perhaps this thread is digressing, entirely my fault !

regards

S

again no firm conclusive facts!
Exactly.

Whole thing may have been engineered by somebody who would benefit financially, ..Allegedly

Anything else just pm me. Oh buy and read Manleys three books. PH

And sixty years with Bees, or was it 50 years with Bees? and Honey by the Ton. Oliver Field, Manley, any of the bee farmers who have written books have some seriously good advice.

Adam

Exactly.

Whole thing may have been engineered by somebody who would benefit financially, ..Allegedly

in that case, it not only tastes good but it may also help prevent colds, hayfever, cholora, most STD's, bubonic plague and may help prevent being trampled and mounted by wayward local wild elephants.

... health benifits may or may not be factual. I have teaspoons of honey in the morning and two in the evening as an experiment. My family, including my normally bullet proof daughter has suffered several bouts of colds so far this year.
So far, i have not, although I have just been hit with a flu thing that is going around, but for me only lasted 48 hours (nearly better!).... I also have not had any wayward local elephants approach me.

marketting spin can be turned and twisted in any direction without telling a lie..

Well there is one health claim that I can definately refute. On friday I got stuck at Bilboa, Madrid and Brussels passed through Heathrow and then visited Leeds Bradford. On Monday I was delayed all day at Manchester, I am currently adding Antwerp to my list of conquests.

I eat honey all the time, it does not appear to assist with having 'regular movements'

Well there is one health claim that I can definately refute. On friday I got stuck at Bilboa, Madrid and Brussels passed through Heathrow and then visited Leeds Bradford. On Monday I was delayed all day at Manchester, I am currently adding Antwerp to my list of conquests.

I eat honey all the time, it does not appear to assist with having 'regular movements'

ahhh!!... but did you have any elephant issues! :p

Wrong product for such reaction.

To achieve this, and any difficulty in movement, you must try Laevolac (lactulose solution) - Boots stock it.

It produces results that have to be experienced to be believed. after an operation I was dosed at 20ml dose at lunch time another 20ml at around 9:30ish and went to bed 11:30ish.

Not long after, it was like having the whole wind section of the LSO in the room.

A risk assessment of your relationship with the person who sleeps with you is essential!

For the brave, some form of safety net is required to avoid accusations of incontinence if the run (in reality, it is a panic sprint) for the small room is attempted too late. You have been warned.

A little experience allows you to adjust the dose to suit.

Sorry to hijack the thread a little but Rosti appeared to be having a block so to speak.

Sorry to hijack the thread a little but Rosti appeared to be having a block so to speak.

Thanks, still here! Strangely there appears to be an Elephant trying to blow snow of the runway with its trunk?

It does not appear to be wayward and has not tried to approach me, so thats proof the honey works - either that or I'm tired and halucinating!

No- but Rosti, it... oh, never mind. ;)

Latest posts

Back