Beckys Bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People who have kept Carnicas know that when people speak of first to swarm 90% or more of the time its due to the beekeepers not the bees. Carnicas build up very quick very fast, so if they are still bound by winter stores or is already brood bound before you first yearly inspections then what do you expect.
If your sitting there inspecting your bees and thinking man these need space ASAP then your already to late, add space before they need.

Ricky hasn't got a website, I've Got his details, you can message me if you want them. he's in his eighty third year now and still going strong, usually next year's overwintered nucs will have been snapped up by now.
You could also try Cardigan Bay honey.
If you want to go further afield I Would try Belfast rather than Greece - Jonathan Getty is your man

Thanks for all the good info , yes will PM you .

Any experience with the Greek AMM queens she sells?
Sorry to dredge this up but I'm exploring optons for a package this spring (as I'm pessamisitc about he survival of 1 of my 2 colonies). The reply at the time was a bit misterious with hints to search the forum; but nothign doing when I search for 'Becky's AMM'. Anyone any knowledge or forum links that might be helpful?
Cheers
Neil
(BIAB)

All I can tell you is they advertise many queen types. packages, nucs. No idea how the new controls will affect their operation.
Only person I know of who got one of these Amm queens was very disappointed.

Have use Becky's several times and very happy. When I was stuck she went out of her way and gave good advice over the phone. Have ordered next years queen from her.

Becky and her team are a good crew. I know her personally and she goes the extra mile for customers and her bees and queens are top quality. Her business partner Rob runs the nucs and knows his stuff
KR
S
Which queen have you had somerford?

Amm breeder queen your buying her progeny mated out there and flown over here.
Afaik there aren't any areas or islands kept for Amm in Greece so they'll be open mated with whatever drones are in the air, I'd be happy to be put right if wrong.

Afaik there aren't any areas or islands kept for Amm in Greece so they'll be open mated with whatever drones are in the air, I'd be happy to be put right if wrong.
Yes I would think they are open mated(f1) don’t think I suggested otherwise.

Has anyone any experience of the amm. What does Greek amm mean?
Someone gave me the daughter of a Greek amm. I mated it with my amm drones but the offspring were horrible. The queen produced in the next generation was bright yellow which only shows what breeding from hybrids does. No consistency in quality, as Malthus explained in the 19th century.

Latest posts

Back