Beckys Bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winker

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Anyone had any dealings with Beckys Bees? Before i go off and make an order and find out its William under his wifes name or something. Any info would be great

yes I have had some from her, as have some other local beekeepers, the best Carniolans I have found if you want Carniolans which many do. The business seemed sound with excellent communication.

yes I have had some from her, as have some other local beekeepers, the best Carniolans I have found if you want Carniolans which many do. The business seemed sound with excellent communication.

Many thanks! I do indeed want to keep Carniolans at my home apiary & Buckfasts at my out apiary ;)

I bought quite a few queens from her this year.

Excellent service
Ditto for communication
Ditto for delivery

I intentionally wanted some Carniolans, and have not been disappointed - hard working, very productive, very prolific, incredibly gentle, adjust size of brood nest according to flow & weather, very frugal with stores.

I have two hives in particular which are up & out before any of my others, and were still foraging in the pouring rain yesterday when all the others were tucked up under their duvets.

As for swarming, no problems at all: then again I have big hives, and keep working the brood nest in spring/summer. I wouldn't recommend for anyone on single National though.

I think they were £25 each including postage. You can pay extra for Special Del, but I found they turn up the next day anyway.

I warned our postman as a courtesy, and when he delivered them, he said they were no problem, particularly as he had put the envelope at the other end of his van, right at the back.

I bought some bees from Becky at the start of this year and found her quality of service excellent. She is trying to make a real go of her business and so has that commitment to service that other more established companies may have begun to forget. Additionally, she is an active beekeeper which helps her keep focus on actual needs. She doesn't visit this site much as I believe she wishes to support the non-commercial ethos, which again I think is commendable.

So all in all a damn fine bloke !?!?!?

All the best,
Sam

I thought icanhopit was a "bloke" - still these days, still might be lol what with Admin and its strapadictome op........

I was joking...
Becky is an attractive woman not your average susan boyle...
:)

Sam

I have just added a field for members profiles.
You can state if you are male or female if you want by going into your "user cp"

If you look next to my name you will see a gender symbal.

Latest posts

Back