Are your bees snowed in?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no snow here, 26C again today - sorry folks, just couldn't resist it!
Norton.

Perhaps it's about time you actually thought about what you are writing.

Why so hostile? I just asked a question. Maybe it was a bit daft, but there's no need to pull apart my writing just because I phrased it slightly wrong. I don't need this - you dominate this forum, often being pedantic and overbearing, maybe because you have far too much time on your hands.

I'll just find a different more friendly forum.

Still no snow here, 26C again today - sorry folks, just couldn't resist it!
Norton.

Norton whilst it's generous of you to share your bra size with us I'm not sure what relevence it has to the weather and am suprised to hear that your bra size can vary by the day!

You may have winter sun, but I still remember those pics of snakes you posted in the summer!

Snakes or Snow, on reflection, snow :biggrinjester:

I'll just find a different more friendly forum.

This is something members have to be aware of !!

If a single member gets upset with a post it can be tolerated,but when a few members complaign it then becomes a problem.

Members need to remember if they upset to many other members then they will be arguing with themselves pretty soon as the members drift away.

Its not just the poster concerened who can run but also many new members reading this thread in months/years to come.

Now play nice and stop kicking sand or the sandpit will be out of bounds..

Its very easy to be padantic regards posting style/spelling ect,but thats one of the main reasons this forum works,because the majority of members don't minds lazy typing/spelling ect...

Admin.

Members need to remember if they upset to many other members then they will be arguing with themselves pretty soon as the members drift away.
Admin.

Shouldn't that read too many other members ?

I agree admin, silly aint it? Oops, my spell checker says aint, aint a word :confused:

John Wilkinson

Depends I think if you are talking about quantity. Too is used as also.

And looking at what I posted I don't think I explained it very well.

Back to the snow.
Overnight -5˚ though got up to 0˚ today.
All three hives are now "snowboarded" and underneath kept clear of snow.
There is fondant on all of them and it is being taken slowly. There are cappings falling through the floor but not a huge amount.
Two are humming along quietly but one is what I can only describe as "fizzing" and when I look underneath they are quite loud and a fair few are bouncing about on the floor and flying back up into the frames.
This is the smallest colony which is dummied down by a piece of Kingspan inside the box.
Any idea what could be going on?

lots of snow in Wakefield yesterday. well lots for us about 6inch or so. last night and today hardly none but lots laying on the ground.

Its here.
12 Inches of snow yesterday
The thermometer is now minus 5
and this is the Sunny South of England.

I feel sorry for you guys up north
xmas-smiley-010.gif

About 12 " snow where its not drifted (these are up to 10ft in places). Minus 10 at 7.30am but lovely and bright and crisp! (bees are hopefully protected enough from glare to prevent too many trying to fly -but lost some on Wed, not a nice sight)

The colony in my poly hive are kicking out a nice warm glow which I can feel from under the mesh floor, using a mirror and a torch I can just about see them clustered near the bottom of 4 frames on one side of the hive.

bee-smillie

Latest posts

Back