Are your bees snowed in?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to work - per VM

Ok, I can remember '63 and farms had to carry on and school children had to walk to the nearest clear road to catch the school bus - some for nearly two months!

More recently, I remember driving to work in my automatic granada - not the best for snowy conditions - only to find a list of people who had not turned in for work, and living within a mile of my home. The persons 'hanging on' beyond their norml shift (continuous process) expected to get paid for that at compound rates - and those who had to be picked up from their homes (and returned at the shift end) expected me to pay them for the time lost. Again, it was less than three miles for most to have walked to work! I reckon it was a conspiracy to extract extra money from the company, simple as that. I recall I signed for those that did walk and arrived late but I was not so popular with some, that day!

Regards, RAB

Last edited:
Bees snowed in this morning in Eastbourne. Just checked that there was sufficient space around the base for air to circulate but left the snow as it protects from the wind which is very cold.
Louise

Tried to make it to school but got a message that it was closed! So sad...NOT!

Took some pics of the hive in my front yard today, but have no idea how to insert them into a post...

Ben P

Took some pics of the hive in my front yard today, but have no idea how to insert them into a post...

Ben P
Spoken like a square peg in a round hole :hat:

John Wilkinson

Originally Posted by ben.pullan View Post

Ben P

Ben,
If you get the pictures on to your P.C, and make a note of where they are stored , then when you post a reply click on the paper clip icon next to the smiley face, (on the right), and to the left of the undo arrow, that will bring up a box where you can click browse, you can then navigate to where your pictures are stored and choose the ones you want to upload, i think you can do this five times on each post, going by the number of boxes, hope this helps,
Tony

Yay this is more like it. :D

Yes they are poly Lang mediums from Swienty.

Last edited:
With a fine insulating blanket like that; with ease I should imagine :sifone:.

John Wilkinson

Further to Arl's post Ben,

Sometimes the dialogue box is not as wide as it might be and the upload button is not immediately evident if you don't scroll sideways.

After uploading, the bottom of the dialogue box shows files that are uploaded. To check the complete post if you have any doubts, check out the preview before submitting.

I look forward to seeing your picutre/s.

Onge
Can I ask a couple of questions about your hives :-

1. Are the joints between the boxes "flat" can you easily place a wooden eke on top of the boxes?

2. What paint do you use, what is the shade?

Thanks
Peter

Two of my hives this morning in the lea of a hedge more by good luck than by good judgement probably would have been buried otherwise like I nearly was trying to take this

Onge
Can I ask a couple of questions about your hives :-

1. Are the joints between the boxes "flat" can you easily place a wooden eke on top of the boxes?

2. What paint do you use, what is the shade?

Thanks
Peter

Yes Peter they are flat and you can mix any wood ware with them if you want

The paint is masonry the brown is homebase bitter chocolate. The green is something i had mixed up because at the time I couldn't find any darker shades.

Peter S,

In the shade = not in the sunlight. Probably meaning in deep shadow with little direct sunshine (when it does).

Peter S,

Yes - SORRY, I read that totally wrong didn't I?

I did think that it was a really strange question at the time, but failed to check properly.

I'm off to the corner with my pointy "D" hat on for an hour or two. :D

It's the way wot we speak oop north that confused you.

johnandyrob, I don't want to worry you but it appears that two Darleks are moving in to exterminate your hives ;)

Daleks?
These are the latest must have hives :):)

John Wilkinson

Latest posts

Back