Anyone know what this is?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a comb delimiter for making section honey. You put one on either side of a wide frame which holds 3 fold-up (usually) wooden frames, into which you insert a tiny sheet of thin foundation. The metal bracketting the whole affair, makes the bees draw out the section with a flat face. Did you perchance also acquire some of the other aforementioned gubbins in the auction?

wow 3 of us posted at exactly the same time with the sameish answer lol

Sunday night syndrome mate - nowt on tele. :)

No other bits Galileo, I bought 10 nucs, and a box of metal bits... These were in that box with what looks like mincer plates? Round pieces of metal with holes in sorry no photo, all for the princely sum of £8 :))

10 nucs for 8 quid can't be bad! Never mind - looking at the rust on that one in the pic, I'd say they've done their duty and can be filed in the black wheelie filing cabinet. :)

10 nucs for 8 quid can't be bad! Never mind - looking at the rust on that one in the pic, I'd say they've done their duty and can be filed in the black wheelie filing cabinet. :)

:nono:Recycle! 20 would be enough for a Smart car!

No other bits Galileo, I bought 10 nucs, and a box of metal bits... These were in that box with what looks like mincer plates? Round pieces of metal with holes in sorry no photo, all for the princely sum of £8 :))

Mincer plates sound like entrance discs for your nucs possibly. Vent / shut / queen excluder/ stop. fasten via centre hole.

Colin

Back