antimites products?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimZ

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi Everyone, the winter is almost over, and I’m wondering how to get ahead of varroa mites this year. The question is, what solution to use this time? I’ve been doing my research and found a few treatments. I understand that they use different chemicals in various increments, but all claim that they are at least 90% effective. So what’s the difference then? For example, ApiVar, ApiLifeVar, and ApiGuard. The ingredients or their increments are different, but which one is better? And why do each manufacturer make two treatments for the same problem? In which cases should I apply one or another? Hope my question is not very confusing.

From comments on this forum in regard to Varroa treatment it seems that vaporisation with oxalic acid via various devices seems to be the tried and tested, most efficient and possibly cheapest method to control the fat body sucking destructive Varroa.
( available in 1kg 99.9% pure sachets generic oxalic acid as a boat deck cleaner from various auction sites)

In the UK it is a licenced product sold in small sachets called Apibioxall ( oxalic acid and sugar mixture) and is seriously expensive compared to the freely available generic
product.

Hi Everyone, the winter is almost over, and I’m wondering how to get ahead of varroa mites this year. The question is, what solution to use this time? I’ve been doing my research and found a few treatments. I understand that they use different chemicals in various increments, but all claim that they are at least 90% effective. So what’s the difference then? For example, ApiVar, ApiLifeVar, and ApiGuard. The ingredients or their increments are different, but which one is better? And why do each manufacturer make two treatments for the same problem? In which cases should I apply one or another? Hope my question is not very confusing.
Welcome TimZ, take a look at your compatriot Randy Oliver 's website www.scientificbeekeeping.com , he goes through various varroa treatments on there.

Latest posts

Back