Antihistimine Cream

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
I am finding my normal cream Benadryl is very difficult to source. The one I am offered in the chemists as a replacement anthisan I think it is spelt just is not as good for me I find.

What do you use other than this three as the Boots own one is the same active ingredient as Anthisan so not much use to me.

PH

I have always used antistan.....or however it is spelt! works well for me and mine
E

No doubt as these things are individual, and as stated it does not for me unfortunately.

PH

Anthisan has never worked for me either.

I asked at the chemist and was sold Hydrocortisone Cream 1%.

Got to try it out today, after being followed up the garden and then hearing the familiar buzz within my hair. The sting was on the back of my head and initially throbbed, but within a couple of minutes, after putting on the cream, no pain at all and can only feel a tiny swelling. Much less than my usual reaction.

May not work for everyone, but worth a try!

I took a nasty sting to the wrist today, I went to get my trusty tube of something I picked up in Brasil and realized it was brown crusty and 5 years out of date!
It's called Fernagan and I swear by it, the active ingredient is Prometazina and I've never found anything like it in the UK

Jungle formula sting relief..... also gets ticks and leeches off without leaving teeth marks!

Yeghes da

ERRRRR Beeefriendly good effort nil points... NOT THE SAME STUFF.

I actually found a survey and it came up with an Eurax product that I will get tomorrow and trial for the general amusement. For them what can read that is....LOL

PH

ERRRRR Beeefriendly good effort nil points... NOT THE SAME STUFF.

I actually found a survey and it came up with an Eurax product that I will get tomorrow and trial for the general amusement. For them what can read that is....LOL

PH

You original information said my "normal cream Benadryl" and after finding several easily available versions of Benadryl antihistamine cream available for you and that is the thanks I get!!!! I'm really sorry non of the easily available versions of their Benadryl anti-histamine products weren't your "SAME STUFF". A chap can only work with the information provided.
So may I say SOD YOU (and I'm being polite here) for being a total ingrate.
May your stings turn into septic ulcers.

Last edited:
I am finding my normal cream Benadryl is very difficult to source. The one I am offered in the chemists as a replacement anthisan I think it is spelt just is not as good for me I find.

What do you use other than this three as the Boots own one is the same active ingredient as Anthisan so not much use to me.

PH
Have you tried Lloyds Pharmacy for their own antihistamine cream. It has the same active ingredients.

I use Asda or Sainsbury 1% hydrocortisone creams - sold under anti sting medicines in a small tube..Keep one in my beejacket..Approx £2.50-£3.00 per tube.

(It's the Aberdonian upbringing).

You original information said my "normal cream Benadryl" and after finding several easily available versions of Benadryl antihistamine cream available for you and that is the thanks I get!!!! I'm really sorry non of the easily available versions of their Benadryl anti-histamine products weren't your "SAME STUFF". A chap can only work with the information provided.
So may I say SOD YOU (and I'm being polite here) for being a total ingrate.
May your stings turn into septic ulcers.

OMG Beef you are having a big hissyfit ......

Do unto others as you would have done to your self!

:hairpull:

Nos da

I simply posted what I thought was a mildly amusing reply to what came over as a rather snippy answer. No need to take the hump people. No humour left here it seems.

Having spent an hour using three different search engines I am confident that the itch cream Benadryl are punting is not at all the same as the cream I used to buy.

I have mailed them and am awaiting a reply to have that 100% confirmed.

Mean while I am off to buy the Eurax product and give that a go.

Have a lovely day.

PH

Guy at local bee group swears by making a paste with a soluble aspirin and spreading that on immediately after sting removal. (Salicylic acid)
The paste is a bit of spit I believe.
Works well for him.

OMG Beef you are having a big hissyfit ......
Yes and rightly so. A bit of common courtesy (like simply saying thanks) towards someone attempting to help them is just the right thing to do.

Back