Angry bees!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or ..... Immediately combine both parts with other nicer hives!

Unsure I'd risk a decent Queen being killed and you'll also still have a load of angry bees to deal with until they die off.

I've thrown together a couple of Q- hives and or Nucs that either killed new Queens or were aggressive and left them to it, most of the time the new queens (and resulting bees) were great!.

I've hot swopped queens before without issue but angry bees (proper ones) tend to kill anything alien introduced into their home (like your fingers).

Last edited:
I think we must all have a nasty hive story.
fb.jpgfb2.jpg
You can still make out the scars more than five years since it happened, the colony drew blood and that was through a beesuit, marigold gloves and heavy duty gauntlets
Stand six at the Carreg apiary a caught swarm from Amanford (lot of psychopaths down there, same with the bees) it's strange that regardless of temperament elsewhere, anything that lands on that stand or numbers 1 and 2 tend to turn a bit hot.

View attachment 32448View attachment 32449
You can still make out the scars more than five years since it happened, the colony drew blood and that was through a beesuit, marigold gloves and heavy duty gauntlets
Stand six at the Carreg apiary a caught swarm from Amanford (lot of psychopaths down there, same with the bees) it's strange that regardless of temperament elsewhere, anything that lands on that stand or numbers 1 and 2 tend to turn a bit hot.
yep, I have a fated stand too! sure its coincidence... Or is it!

wel,, that apiary is only a few fields away from, and looks down on a spring that has been a continuous site of worship since the bronze age - first as a pagan place of worship before eventually a church was built there in the early days of christianity - the church is still there and it went from Celtic Christian, to Roman Catholic then Anglican catholic before it was 'leased' to early methodist, who shared it with Baptists and independent before being taken back by the Anglicans and now is Church in Wales.

wel,, that apiary is only a few fields away from, and looks down on a spring that has been a continuous site of worship since the bronze age - first as a pagan place of worship before eventually a church was built there in the early days of christianity - the church is still there and it went from Celtic Christian, to Roman Catholic then Anglican catholic before it was 'leased' to early methodist, who shared it with Baptists and independent before being taken back by the Anglicans and now is Church in Wales.

Sounds like it's time for the Jedi to have a turn.

James

and mine is just off the line between Glastonbury and St Michaels Mount via Burrows Mump ( Yes that is really a place near me!!)
Place/road names crease me up, there is a road near me called Cripplecrutch Hill I always had thoughts that it had been named by a guy who's chain had slipped as he worked hard to get up the hill on his bike!

Place/road names crease me up, there is a road near me called Cripplecrutch Hill I always had thoughts that it had been named by a guy who's chain had slipped as he worked hard to get up the hill on his bike!
We have them all, a few hundred yards away is Willey Lane

Well, if you're getting all anatomical then you could look up the earlier names of Magpie Lane in Oxford, or Grape Lane in York (amongst quite a few others). But I'd not recommend it if you're at work and the office Stasi are touchy about certain Anglo-Saxon words.

James

Latest posts

Back